Why has my webpage lost its rank on Google?

Yamini Guptha October 6, 2012

I have a website which I have just started 5 months ago www.amaturereviews.com, and it was getting ranked on first page of Google. I was redirecting it to my blogger blog first. When I had my own hosting server I stopped redirection from blogger and started a standalone setup for www.amaturereviews.com .

After 1 or 2 months, I was getting ranked on first page of Google for certain keywords, but now my site is now where to be seen on Google! i lost my ranking for www.amaturereviews.com in Google.i have some good backlinks, even then its not showing up. Is it anything connected with penguin or panda update?

1. josemon maliakal

That's correct ..google has changed the algorithms

2. sathya

Have you changed your hosting provider ? it will negatively affect on your SERP.
    http://www.amaturereviews.com is a nice site with wonderful design and genuine content in it.

If the site is down while the spidering is going on,you may loose SERP

• Yamini Guptha

thanks

3. Another Googler

Did you do something blackhat ? nice site btw.

• Yamini Guptha

i haven't even done much white hat.see alexa,only 17 links

4. Muo TechGuy

Probably you've been hit by an update that cancels out exact keyword matches for mispellings; you realise you spelt "amateur" wrong, don't you? Was that deliberate?

• Yamini Guptha

technically amateur is a word derived from french,so most of words have lost its ending "eur".wikiedia says both amature and amateur are correct.but i was ranking for iphone 5 first hand review, amature samsung reviews like that keywords.and that was not deliberate sir.at first i never thought of it.

5. shaurya gupta

Good site dude...

6. Mac Witty

Google often place new sites with good content very high at once and after a while they goes down to their "normal" place. It is very frustrating but keep up the good work and you will slowly climb.

Do also use Google Webmaster tools and check if Google find any problem with your site

• Yamini Guptha

Yes.probable look like that.and i am using use Google Webmaster tools and analytics also

7. Harish Jonnalagadda

Yeah you would need to actively bid on the keywords and continue to check with the webmaster tools to gauge how the site is doing.

8. Josiah Brunne

Could it be that other people are clicking on the other sites?

9. Amit Sinha

Recently Google makes changes in its Algorithm of ranking page, I think might it will be the cause for your sites to disappear from Google search.