Which is the best webmail provider and why – Outlook.com, Gmail or Yahoo?

Rajaa Chowdhury September 26, 2012

Which free webmail provider would you suggest  that has IMAP and mobile device support?

Outlook.com, Gmail or Yahoo! Mail? And why?

1. Sagar Patil

Gmail is the best as compared to all other in all the purposes

2. steven ...

Gmail would be best especially if you use android device.

3. Calle Sweden

Hotmail because it`s hot.

4. Alex Perkins

Just throwing in my tuppence, Gmail, but using the Minimalist for Everything [Beta] plugin for chrome.

5. Benjamin Trotter

Gmail is my pick.

Outlook is too simplistic and plain. When I had Hotmail, MS deleted my account because someone hacked into it and spammed message everyone. Didn't even notify me. I was just locked out.

Yahoo is a joke on security. Plus too much spam.

6. JayHwon

I think Gmail cause if you have youtube account and deleted it, it chances to Gmail account. Trust me i tried it

It's cool right?

7. GrrGrrr

I will vote for Gmail, as I have been using it for a good number of years for now. It also supports IMAP. Yahoo is crap.

Not sure for outlook, as never tried it.

8. Ahmed Khalil

GMAIL THEN HOTMAIL AS FREE ONE
    BUT OUTLOOK IS NOT FREE

Outlook.com is a free service, mricrosoft has upgraded their hotmail and live emails to outlook.com

9. Priya Agarwal

I prefer gmail as it contains many options like voice/video chat, themes, better filters, more security, less downtime...

10. Nikhil Chandak

I wish its Yahoo & gmaIl !!

11. Muhammad Ahmad

Gmail is my choice. You can sue many a online services with gmail like google drive. you can work with spread sheets, word processor, and much more. you can avail google calender and it will sms you to remind you the event. I always like gmail.

12. David

iCloud

iCloud is not a mail service, it is a could storage and sync service from Apple for it's device users

13. bonioloff

I use gmail, yahoo, and windows live mail, but if you ask which one is the best, i prefer Gmail.

14. salim benhouhou

i believe gmail is the best its faster

15. Ret

Yahoo!

I have a Gmail and a Yahoo email account. Which one is best and why? - No idea as I use Thunderbird to read the emails.

17. Ian Leong

From my personal experience of jumping from email host to hos, I believe, Gmail will suit you best no matter what purpose you are using that email for. It provides you a simple user interface (which allows the non so computer savvy folks to really able to handle it). Other than that, Google not only limits you to use their email, however, you can gain access to their web applications such as Google Docs, Play Store, Blogger, youtube, Drive, etc.. which simplifies the life of a busy person.

Gmail is a MUST to have.

18. Rob Hindle

No question, it has to be Gmail. Too many reasons to list - one I value is their approach to security (but that doesn't mean you can use insecure passwords etc). 2 factor security (optional) may be hard to get your head round but is a big plus if you're using it mobile.

If anyone knows of features in other email systems that Gmail lacks why not post a question here "how do I do xxx in gmail" There may well be a solution you've not yet found.

Gmail is best as its popular,has widespread support on various devices and allows users to try many unreleased features via labs.

The reason currently Outlook is still not favoured is that it still has bugs and it sometimes fails to import all the messages from custom labels of Hotmail.It would be more appealing to you after you get your hands into Windows 8 ecosystem.

20. Anay Chaubal

for imap, always Google! yahoo does offer pop access, however, i prefer google because:
    easy login, and e-mail account convergence, different password for pc and mobile login (if you have 2 step login, you also have app passwords), so that if one password gets compromised, you wont lose your account outright.

21. Amit Sinha

With Gmail you can access all other Google services with the same id.
    But on Yahoo mail server there is limited service and by default there is no option available for enabling pop3/Imap so that you can configure your email account with MS Outlook, post box and mozlla thunderbird, but somehow you managed to enable it there is anther lacking of features is that yahoo server deleted the message from its server when the messages were successfully downloaded to your mail client unlike Gmail did not delete the message and marked the downloaded messages as read.

22. Edmar Diego

outlook.com is what i would choose it gives you connectivity to other accounts and skydrive and microsoft people app for free

23. Tug Ricks

It looks like Dimal is a big fan of Yahoo. :]

If you're looking for something that supports IMAP, Gmail is going to be your best option. Outlook does not support the protocol which eliminates it from the competition.

Which service are you currently using? I personally prefer the interface and inbox options of Outlook, which is why I use it.

• HLJonnalagadda

Ha ha seems like he is!

• HLJonnalagadda

Gmail for the sole reason that it is by Google. Although the new Outlook looks awesome and it connects with SkyDrive, Gmail has a ton of features and Google continues to build on the feature list constantly.

24. Aditya Roy

Gmail
    My reasons: GTalk, Google Drive,Better Interface.

25. Dimal Chandrasiri

Gmail would be a great solution bt compared to yahoo, is lacking some options. I use yahoo and it's great, it has lot of features too.