Why won’t my webcam work with Internet apps?

rania February 6, 2012

I tried to use YouTube’s camera feature. Many programs that just detect cameras work, but YouTube doesn’t. In fact, I find that a lot of Internet apps with camera features don’t work with my webcam.

Hello, you could try the following:

-- navigate to youtube
    -- pick a file to play
    -- right click on video background
    -- click on global settings
    -- on menu, click on camera and mic
    -- make sure that the option ask me when a site wants to use the camera and mic
    -- click on camera and microphone settings by site
    -- you can add and block sites where you want to use camera and microphone.  Make sure that sites where you want to allow camera are not blocked

-- right click on video background
    -- click on settings
    -- click on microphone icon and check that your microphone is recognized
    --click on camera icon, and check if your camera  is recognized 

make sure your webcam is not prevented by antimalware/firewall.

3. Karkala Nayak

Hello let me start by discussing some point that may have hindered your webcam from getting detected

check that your firewall has not blocked it..

AND

Update your flash Player to the latest version or update your chrome as it comes along with flash player.

AND

Update the webcam drivers and also install the software of the webcam lets say I am using DELL and it has DELL WEBCAM CENTRAL when this software is installed it also installs the necessary drivers for the webcam and it gets detected..I don't know which webcam you are using otherwise I would have found you the software that was made for your webcam..

ALSO

When you load any website that needs a flash player..It asks for your permission to enable the mic and the webcam. If you have selected Disable then it wont load so check that when the flash player launches for permission then you give it permission to access your webcam(hardware) I have attached a Picture of it you can see that and know..

Hope it helped.....