Why does my webcam not work and why can’t I change my desktop wallpaper in Windows 8?

Anonymous May 10, 2014

I recently bought asus X550LC laptop and installed windows 8 on it. However, even after installing the graphic driver and camera driver, my webcam is not working and I can’t change my desktop wallpaper…

1. davnel

If you have installed Windows 8 on a machine, until you activate it through Microsoft, you cannot personalize it, such as changing the wallpaper, etc. The camera issue is simply a driver from the manufacturer. It is possible that installing new drivers is also blocked until activation.

1) Open you Power Setting in Control Panel.
    2) Open Power Options then Select your power plan-Change plan settings -Change advanced power settings 3) Expand the Desktop background settings option-Expand Slide show.
    3) Make Sure that the Plugged in option is set to Available

1) open search and type: EASE OF ACCESS CENTER
    2) in the new windows scroll down. Check or uncheck Remove Background Images (where available)

• Ktara235

Oh it was already set to that..... But thanks

so still you cant change the background wallpaper?

The graphics driver is for your video display (i.e. your screen). Your webcam requires a separate drive. Not sure why you can't change the wallpaper though. Do you get an error when you try to do so?

• Ktara235

I guess I should try ur suggestion..... Thanks a lot pal.