Why doesn’t the webcam work on my Acer laptop?
Question by Eunice Abe /

I have an Acer Aspire 5336 and my webcam doesn’t seem to be working anymore.
Whenever I try to open the Acer Crystal Webcam, a message pops up saying ‘Camera is not installed or may be occupied by another user.’
I can’t even use it on skype or any other social site.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , .
Android OS Tips
Android OS Tips
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech

• Nikhil Chandak

contact the Acer company to repair it

• Marlene

I have update the drive and still not working? Help !!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Josh Vogler

My first guess would be hardware problems. I have two Acer net-books that webcams stopped working after less than a year. My guess is when I retire them, and take them apart to see what the issue is…it will be a broken physical connection. No matter what drivers I install, my net-book no longer sees the device. I spent hours and hours trying to get them both working…and am pretty sure there was some faulty engineering Acer used for connecting the webcams seeing as my only 2 Acer products both failed at about the same time from purchase, and the same part of the net-book. I’m always up to trying something new though, if anyone figures out it’s software/driver related.

• debajit

same problem in my system also………
    ANY one can give a solution

• Christian Thompson

Hi. Right click on my computer, then properties then go to device manager and see if there any hardware list with an (!) in a triangle.

Go to the manufactures website and download the latest drivers

• GrrGrrr

First check if the webcam driver/application is installed. Check from add/remove programs. Then go to the Acer link below and get the matching driver for your webcam (3 vendors are listed)
    http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3288

• GrrGrrr

you can use windows restore point to revert back to the date where everything was fine and working.

boot to safe mode with networking and launch webcam, if it works then it is not driver problem

How do I use the Acer Hardware Vendor Detection Utility to find the correct drivers for my computer –

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14387

• josemon maliakal

may be you have missed to install the web cam driver …try to find that from acer site and install it ..