Webcam on Windows Vista

Interested February 2, 2010

How do I install the webcam on my Vista laptop (it does have the camera eye on the top). I don’t see the hardware on the control panel.

1. Jessica Cam W.

My Vista PC included a Cyberlink YouCam program that you can find by typing YouCam in the Start search bar. Once you open the program, the webcam will automatically turn on.

If you don't have that program, you can also try a video call on TokBox (http://www.tokbox.com/) or Skype to see if the webcam will work.

Check Device Manager - Right Click on Computer, Choose Manage --> then click on Device Manager. If it is there and no error, it should be working. Try a different program to access your webcam with - Such as Cam Studio or Windows Live Messenger.

If not, the drivers are likely not to be installed, or installed correctly. They should be on a CD that was provided with your laptop or on D: Drive (Recover) HDD partition on your laptop.

If not, contact your laptop manufacturer for the webcam drivers.