Why does my webcam installer say my laptop has no camera?

Eunice Alcantara October 6, 2012

I want to take a picture with my laptop’s web cam. When I click the “webcamstaller” app on my laptop it says I have no camera device. What should I do to see if my laptop has a camera and install it?

1. Edwin Williams

Uninstall/reinstall the drivers sounds like a good option.

Firstly,provide your laptop model no. and name so that one can provide you exact drivers required to be installed so that the webcam application doesn't shows you such kind of errors.

3. Alex Downs

might need to reinstall its driver.

4. Drew Butler

control panel-device manager(see if there are little yellow triangles with an exclamation point, these are indicating drivers are missing. If drivers are missing then go to the manufacturer website for your computer and search for drivers for your model.)Download drivers-install drivers-reboot-try webcam again.

5. Calle Sweden

Press the windows button, right click computer, press properties, search for your camera and try to install drivers from there. Sorry but i do not really know how to use properties, so i do not have a better tutorial for you :/

6. GrrGrrr

What is ur laptop's make, model?

Was the camera working before.

7. Félix S. De Jesús

My recommendation is recommended for people who know about Windows. But, if you know, Why don't you go to Device Manager, uninstall the Webcam from internet, and then unplug the camera, and then plug it again, to find out if the camera recognizes.

8. Chris Coutto

HI Eunice, the software for the web cam usually comes preloaded on your laptop - there is a chance that this may have been removed or there could be a fault with the camera. Does the camera work with any of the messaging programs like live messenger or yahoo messenger, skye etc...

• Pearl

Yes it works with them