Why doesn’t the webcam on my Acer laptop work?

Caitlan Briody October 20, 2012

My laptop has an Acer crystal webcam, but it does not work. When i try to turn it on it says the webcam is not detected and I should try switching it on, but I don’t know how. How do I turn it on?

hey!! some of the acer lappys are found with webcam problems! check is the driver installed on the laptop!! or else u might check it out in the service center! :)

if your on windows 7, try updating, if drivers are the issue, windows should find the latest for u, not the software to run the webcam though if you don't have it yet.

3. Jesse Manalansan

Make sure the webcam drivers / software are installed :)

Go to Device Manager and delete webcam. Rescan for hardware changes by right clicking on computer name (top of device list) to reinstall driver.

system restore can help, may work to a date when it was working

check in the device manager if webcam is there, if not driver is missing. your webcam may have been disconencted (the cord) you'd need to unscrew the case, pull it off and reconnect the cord.

6. Alex Perkins

See if there is an button on the laptop itself, if not then see if you can turn it on via device manager at: control panel > system and security > system > device manager

How to Use Your Built-in Laptop Camera Acer -

http://www.ehow.com/how_5802541_use-built_in-laptop-camera-acer.html

8. Saurabh Banwaskar

1) Download A Software "Manycam" from "download.manycam.com" It Almost Runs All Webcams
    2)If Problem Continues Then Check Out The Drivers Either You Installed It Properly Or Not !!!

9. Andrew Wright

Hi Caitlan,

I agree with Dimal, this sounds like a Launcher Program issue.

Get your drivers from here: http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx

Good luck.

Andrew

10. Dimal Chandrasiri

most probably use your laptop control panel to turn on the webcam. or you have to install the necessary drivers.