Why does the web seem to prefer Mac screenshots over Windows?

1hegame October 13, 2012

Why on websites like Google, MUO, forums and so on are Mac screenshots preferred over Windows or Linux? I’m noticing this more and more, and I don’t like it.

1. RaMaN

This question is not resolved yet but seems like there's no perfect answer. I liked that by Calle "Apple paid for it" : ) but most probably that is wrong.

2. Hesham Shaarawy

because mac screenshots have more preferences such as size

Maybe apple paid for it? I do not really know why :/

• RaMaN

yes, that's the point :) < and I don't like this graphical smiley. text form is best.

4. Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Is there option of adding screen shots in makeuse of comments?

No,you need to upload the screenshot to a cloud storage and paste the link in the comments.Make sure that the uploaded screenshot has public visibility mode.

Apps and softwares designed for Mac have a good look and pleasing UI due to strict guidelines of Apple's software approval.So,they are preferred.Minimalism is also another factor.

But they are not used everywhere.

6. Muo TechGuy

Screenshots are easier to make on a Mac, for a start. No extra ultilities needed.

• RaMaN

Yeah, may be. I never used Mac. May be because people now want to hit back windows. May be Google don't like Windows :-k This thing is more surprising me that Google always using Mac sc.shts in its articles and other help stuff :)

• Harish Jonnalagadda

I know that everyone who works at Google gets a Mac for free! So that might be why they mainly use Mac screenshots.

• Sachin Kanchan

but in windows all we need to do is to press the PrintScreen (prtSc) button,

in some devices : function key+PrintScreen (fn+prtsc)

7. RaMaN

I still want an actual answer.

• Deekshith Allamaneni

I personally use Linux screenshots for my blog. I agree that a few popular websites prefer Mac Screnshots. It could be their personal interest for bloggers on MUO. Google's reason could be: It wants to keep far away from Microsoft products and may feel that Linux(desktop) is unfamiliar to users as it has a little market share. So, they are left with MAC.

8. Dimal Chandrasiri

Most of the people use linux based systems if they are really into computers and tech stuff. Mac OS is a linux version and is versatile, easy and safe. so they use it.

9. Edwin Williams

Might be a preference of more and more people as Apple's popularity soars.