Why will my web browsers sometimes refuse to open?

Regina Hartson January 17, 2012

I have Google Chrome and IE on my Windows 7 PC. As of late, there will be times when neither browser will open. Mail works fine, all connections seem correct, but neither browser will open. Also, attachments in emails don’t seem to work. So I then reboot and they work again but sometimes I have to restart a few times. It’s odd and I can’t figure it out. Any suggestions?

Hello, What version of Internet Explorer are you using?  One thing that comes to mind at the moment is trying to uninstall and reinstall chrome and reset Internet explorer.  Make sure to download a new version of chrome.  Make sure to backup bookmarks(favorites) before resetting  internet explorer, once that is done, try the following:

IE 8:
    -- click on start
    -- control panel
    -- network and internet connections
    -- internet options
    -- advanced tab
    -- click on reset
    -- click on apply and then ok

IE9:
    -- click on start
    -- type internet options
    -- on search results, click on internet options
    -- click on advanced tab
    -- click on reset
    -- apply and ok

You could also try starting Internet Explorer 9 with no add ons.  If it is an add on causing this issues, your browser should start ok:

-- click on start
    -- type internet explorer
    -- click on Internet Explorer (No Add-ons option)

With regards to attachments, try the following optios above and once that is fixed, we can tackle the attachment issues.  Does this happen with all the attachments? or only with some.?