Which web browser is the fastest?

Alicia August 15, 2010

What is the fastest web browser that I can download to get the fastest results, i.e. to bring up websites fast.

1. Nathan

I think Chrome, then Firefox then IE 9 then Safari but I would go for Firefox 4.00 (very fast but not as fast as 5.00) but the reason i would go for it is because McAfee site advisor works with it and is the only one that you don't need to install an addon for it to work.

P.S This is only my opinion really this debate could go on forever as it is really down to what your system is like.

2. Chan Kong Loon

My pick is Internet Explorer. My Firefox and Ghrome keeps crashing but IE does not.

3. jumaa

what are the best browser which can give me fast result.

4. Jonel Roncales of Philippines.

in years past and in my reviews, no doubt the most famous internet browser is MOZILLA FIREFOX! but? why we should go to the most famous? if we are looking for the fastest? right!.

in downloading. no doubt it's OPERA and M.F
    in buffering sites. like YT. and other video sites no doubt it's GOOGLE CHROME
    in protections like spyware and viruses it's M.F

FASTEST.SAFEST.RELIABLE web browser is?.......

- Google Chrome :)

5. Xbox27elite

Chrome is faster but it crashes a lot. Depending what connection you have.

6. Reby sharma

chrome is the fastest browser in the world 
    if any browser is faster than chrome then send me a mail in reby.brajesh@gmail.com

7. Tajai Perry

opera is best for internet surfing
    crome is good for youtube and facebook
    internet explorer is only good for porn

8. Yackar

i watched this test vid that had something to do with fish and, though the most hoggy with memory, google had the lowest fps. Opera had the highest fps for the longest. opera wins.

9. goo le

avant browser is the fastest

10. RAMAKUMAR M

there is a fantastic browser called MAXTHON

11. Nigger

BLA BLA BLA CHROME IS THE FASTEST BIAAAAAAATCH!

12. MEGABALLOONHEAD

Personally there are too many people saying shit about mozilla and shit about google chrome im not convinced for any of them there both shit in my opinion.

13. Ron

Michael Hardy's Hypersonic 5.0. This is a little known browser but it blows away any I have tried. And yes I have tried Chrome.

14. Warren

I like to use the latest versions of the browsers: GC 15  FF 6  OP 12 & IE9.  The browsers all have their strengths & weaknesses.  That way you cab have many sites open at once.

15. A-alec

In terms of loading webpages, chrome is my preference. But firefox's "DownloadThemAll" addon is arguably the fastest download accelerator I've seen.

16. emoooly

I really like Maxthon for me :D

17. Envy3173

im using 7 web browsers at the same time for a game since im playing 7 accounts a time. chrome for me is the fastest, then opera.  next is Mozilla firefox, then safari. i installed lunascape which has Gecko and its working fine. IE is not that good. Maxthon3 makes my blood boil so I uninstalled it. Im looking for fast web browsers. any suggestions?

18. Markjh97

for now... Firefox 5.0 is the fastest

19. tooooo random

do any of you no what one is best for downloads e.g fastest speed for downloads and capable of of handling most downloads!! plz thank btw chrome is fastest but the downloads are C%$^

20. Uzumaki Naruto

In Web Browsing Chrome is the fastest and in download opera is the fastest..

21. Jazli_kesepian98

Lunascape is the FASTEST

22. Fighter_boy96

its google chrome canary...the new version of google chrome

23. Jordan

Well i dislike the new firefox, google and microsoft dont understand keeping things private, and from what i hear, opera is not that great. What other browsers are there? I think a new company is ready to start making money, since firefox is now crap hopefully they will meet the demands of their users or do something else.

24. corruptsoul

so far, i have used opera, IE 6-8, chrome (2010 was last i used it) one i cant remember and my most frequently used: apple safari (i use V3.2.2) i updated safari once to v5, it was not as fast as v3.2.2.
    but after reading most of the reviews here, i am going to use chrome for a while and see how fast it is as safari is letting me down a little with disconnections recently

25. Srinivas Kummarasetti

Every computer is different and so I suggest installing all the browsers you think are best contestants and running a free online web browser bench mark like Peacekeeper as mentioned on this website (Thank you makeuseof.com). I've bench marked Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. Clearly I've noticed the difference for about 4 months now and wanted to find out if that is true, and yes Chrome (10.0.648.204) was a winner on my Mackbook Pro. Even Safari fared better than Firefox. Firefox might be a rock steady browser with cooler apps, but I already have enough apps to be looking for and after than worrying about apps on my browser. At any rate, it is your personal preference. My wife still loves Firefox and is no where close to thinking about changing her browser preference even after benchmarking.

26. Einarsjh4

mexton3 is fastest I ever had

27. Prakaas89

I am currently using Comodo browser, which for me is really than Chrome....
    Have a go at it and see the difference for yourselves..........
    All the Best........

28. Edison Sukumar

i am really confused when i read all of your comments somebody tell the truth which is the ggreatest browser

29. Andrei

If you are on a slow connection then Opera with Turbo activated is definitely your choice. They use the same technology they have for their mobile browser to route the images through their servers, shrink them there at slower resolution and then send them to your computer. Of course, this is not the technology you want to use on Flickr :). Also, Opera can handle very well older computers, if you cap RAM consumption.

For a good connection/ PC, test Opera vs Chrome and see what is best for you. Firefox without extensions is also said to be an alternative, but nobody really uses that...

On a good

30. Wasim

google chrome is the fastest. its got the style the other web browsers dont have and the switching of the tabs or opening of new tabs are so quick unlike mozilla,ie and operabrowser. so i completely prefer google chrome.

31. Kellykelz247

opera as the fastest slot.. chrome right behind it.. firefox gets slower as the add ons kick in, chrome is rarely effected by the add ons and that also applies to opera.. overall best browser, no doubt is chrome.. but fastest is deff opera.

32. Hamza-Alamin

Chrome is the most fast.

33. Y Quadros

my mobile is the fastest

34. X Heroes

no browser can defeat chrome as it is the best browser in this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Katti

anyone heard of/tried lunascapes?

36. Ukrainian

I try many browsers. Opera is the fastest! IMHO
    ( but I do not insist that it is the best browser!)

37. Rafe

I have tried a few browsers at http://www.multibrowsers.com (there are about 50 browsers there) and liked Maxthon and K-meleon!

38. Cornickles

go for chrome. it is fast and more secured than safari.

39. Marcelo

maxthon and safari!!!

40. McStud

Your connection speed, computer specs, and the amount of addons and extensions will determine how fast your browser is. I have tested all of the so called "Big Boy" browsers on both new and old machines. Opera proved to be the fastest of them all no matter what the specs of my computer. Like Tina posted, the more addons and extensions you apply, the slower the browser will become. Firefox is the most customizable, Chrome is a resource hog, and Opera lacks FF type customization. I am upgrading computer tomorrow, and I am sure Chrome will we much faster with a solid specs unit. In the meantime, with 191mb of ram, and an outdated Celeron processor, 23gb of free space, and very low end graphics card, I have managed to get Firefox, IE8 to perform very well. How? Minimize those extentions! If you are the type who can get by without addons and extentsion galore, The World and Lataza are very fast and have cool skins. No web of trust, etc. have convinced me to eliminate them from my list.

41. Wilsontejones1976

firefox only have a lot of add ons, but it is not as fast as google chrome. i almost tried all browsers like safari 5, mozilla 3.6-3.8, ie8, opera 10.6, and finally, i got contented with the speed of latest version of google chrome. it load really fast. you dont need top install add ons.

• McStud

Newer computer? Lots of RAM? I am sure to join all of the Chrome fans once I get at least a gig of ram and a decent processor. Had it all once. Fried memory capacitors on good computer. Chrome was fast on Spike, but my back-up computer cannot handle it's power consumption!

42. Mdimransiddiqui986

Get firefox 4 beta ! it is probably the best browser as it has all one should have at home.

43. Foundusually

The latest version of Chrome, v7, is very fast. Chrome now has an equivalent of nearly all of the extensions of Firefox, and more. I have both loaded with extensions and Chrome is much faster.

44. Mikel

Safari 5.x for Windows for me is lighter and faster than Firefox (which I have fully loaded with addons)
    Firefox 3.6.8 for it's functionality, I have secured it with NoScript addon and a lot of goodies like firebug.

45. BZT

here is an article for unsuspecting and inexperienced Chrome users that is a must read: http://www.techspot.com/news/38647-attackers-prey-on-inexperienced-google-chrome-users.html

46. Kalyan Roy

Chrome is very fast, Firefox is highly functional & Opera is the most beautiful - that in my opinion is the essence of browser-war result. But today I installed Maxthon3 which seems very fast - just check it out.

47. calum

Well I'm all for Firefox as it looks so cool (after customisation)-and does what it says on the tin for me anyway. Google are after World Domination so not interested in Chrome; have tried Safari as I LOVE Macs, but alas, it was way slower than FF which surprised me!!.

48. pceasies

Try these:
    Opera
    Chrome
    Firefox
    IE

And see which one you like the best and which one feels the fastest. Opera was far superior to Firefox and IE back when I used to play Java based MMORPG, but that was before the days or Chrome. Firefox and Chrome both have plugins running in a separate thread so a Adobe Flash crash won't close the browser like Opera. Opera has an extremely fast Javascript engine and it pretty speedy.

49. Avi

chrome is undoubtedly the fastest
    i've tried chrome, firefox, ie, opera and safari
    chrome tested to be faster than which ever browser i tried

okkk after reading all your comments i'd say try new apple safari (now available for Microsoft platform as well) because i have used every browser and found this one quite awesome. well if you want to add some add on's you got to try yourself because i used it as a normal browser using on a third person system for emergency work. and to my surprise the graphics were cool and everything was opening very quickly so now a days i am using only this browser though i am a typical firefox fan. but this is better than the rest. chrom's graphic sucks... this one scores higher even on appearence.

you can download it from apple site.

• Pwnguins

Safari is slow and bloated. It slows down your computer with unnecessary things like Apple Software Update that hogs more RAM than you'd think necessary, and I just hate it all around. Ew.

• Lick My Ass

I don't that problem at all with my five year old computer. But i wasn't a dumb-ass and I bought a Mac...

• ShadowWolf200029

It is not appropriate use these kind of names on the internet mate :-)
      Change it!

• Assassin of imbecils

So Pc users are dumb asses? hahaha bro PC users know more about computers that any mac user by a lot, we have at the very leats freedom to do with our computers and softwares whatever we want, you dont. Dont spit insults on people just to justify your lack of merits, and to relieve somehow the overwhelming weight of your insecurities. Allow me to enlighten you. Do you know that your precious Macs adopted a more powerful and far more technologically advanced "brain" than the crap apple used to put in their computers? Yes all that glorious speed and responsivness is because it features an INTEL processor, the same one as most of PC users have. But we can upgrade, repair, overclock uff you name it, not mentioning that 98% of all the software in existance and in production is for us, the stupid dumb asses, keep doing your high school homework on your "SUPER MACHINE" which by the way is not even a PDA in comparisson with my Personal Computer and leave the serious bussiness of computer sciences and stuff, to the ones that are able to understand it and apply it. And I think I just KICKED YOUR ASS instead...  

51. Terry Anderson

Google Chrome is the one and only, I often do speed tests on my own computer with the other major browsers. If you're still not convined, check out the lifehacker speed test http://lifehacker.com/5457242/browser-speed-tests-firefox-36-chrome-4-opera-105-and-extensions

52. joseph

google chrome is the fastest and also mozille firefox

53. Alex Picard

From my (and my sister's) experience, Google Chrome is the fastest for the first 30 minutes you use it. After that, it slows down to the point you just want to throw your computer across the room. Opera is fast when you first get it and it stays that way. You can also get it to run some Greesemonkey scripts and there are a few nice skins you can download for it.

• Kellie Frost

Where Do You Download The Greesmonkey Scrips And Skins For Oprea ?

Kellie,

I recommend that you ask a new question.

• Rohan

google chrome i good but opera is the best how much slow your loading speed is.

54. Srinivas G

Simply put, Chrome. But it isn't always the speed that matters. Atleast in my case! So I use Firefox, in conjunction with chrome for a 'complete' browsing experience. No other browser can rival the vast 'extensibility' of Firefox (atleast for now).

• Rohan Manab

dude fire fox is brilliiant but after quite usesof the free version it becomes a junk just a junk if you tried it you may know.....

55. Steve Campbell

CHROME.

• Rohan Manab

yeah its right

56. Mark O'Neill

Personally, I feel Chrome is the fastest. But as the others have said, it all depends on how much you customise the browser. Lay off the addons and it will be fine. Add all kinds of different stuff and you will see a significant shift in the speed.

But I have been seriously impressed with Chrome.

57. Nadesj

I find Chrome the fastest, but prefer to use Firefox for everyday use.

same situation. Chrome is a bit faster but I still prefer FF for everyday use.

Out of Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome, I find that Chrome is the fastest, but I use Firefox for the functionality.

But it also depends on the speed of your internet connection. If you are on Dialup, of course it's going to take a long time to open up a webpage compared to if you were on a fiber connection.

But like Saiket says, it's up to personally preference. But I do have to say Internet Explorer is the slowest out of them all. I get so frustrated when I have to use it.

• Jeremy Hindle

Its the fastest to start up at the moment in recent tests though, and is rendering faster than Firefox too. Even so - Im Chrome for casual use and Firefox when i need particular addons which arent available in Chrome yet.

• Sealteam5_0

Not to mention it will not allow me to access some content on this site, anyone else have that problem.

• Tom

If you are talking about the Internet explorer sites only then use the IE tab extention for chrome and your problems will be blown away.

59. Ishan

As far as I have read, Opera 10.70 Alpha is fastest. If you want a fast browser, go with either Opera or Chrine because 90% of the time, these two are fighting for "fastest" spot!

Chrine? I suppose you meant Chrome. :-)

• Ishan

Yes! I meant Chrome! (i and o are so close!) :)

Goood. Because, I almost started looking for 'Chrine' on Google. :-)

• Abcdkilis

m and n are closer too. (chrine) :)

• Vaudenep

You are fast too, I see.

• Sherwin

yeah opera is the fastest

• Man325

forget about the browser for a min if u want too boost your surfing online upgrade your pc 

Keep in mind that those benchmarks are made with "barebone" browsers that do not carry extensions. The whole picture changes when you start to customize your browser. To my knowledge there are no benchmarks that test which browser handles extensions best, i.e. with the least slowing down.

61. Saikat Basu

Well, the debate still rages. Ultimately it boils down to personal preferences and other issues like security and extensibility. Here's a review from Tom's Hardware which benchmarked the common browsers. The winner seems to be Chrome.

• Alanvazques65

turtle browser is the fastest