Should I use water cooling or heatsink fans for my custom built extreme level gaming PC?
Question by RaGuNaTh.B KeTtVaN /

I’ll be building my custom made extreme level gaming PC near soon. Now confused in the part whether to install watercooler or heatsink fans. Which would be best for both money and performance value? My budget is around 1700 USD for whole system. Thanks.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• HLJonnalagadda

Water cooling is the way to go. When I built my first rig around 3 years ago, I could not get a hold of it in India, so went for some huge heatsink fans. While they do the job very effectively, the noise levels can get quite bothersome during a gaming session.

• Darren Reynolds

Agreed, if you have the time, money and ability, definitely water cooled…

• April Eum

water cooling, it works a lot better for its worth in my opinion.

• Alan Wade

Rather than treat you like an idiot, I will just answer your question. Go for water cooled, its more expensive but well worth it.

• Erlis Dhima

With 1700 USD you can build an awesome pc!
    I recommend air cooling! If you have a little experience, and have the patience to maintain the water cooling system, then do so.
    Good luck! :D

• Vipul Jain

not concerned with the entire budget.
    If the budget you can allot to cooling system is not more than $2-300, go for Air cooling as it will be cheaper to install and wont require maintenance, also there wont be any chances of shorts.
    But of you can spend around $500 for the cooling, get a water heatsink, it is far more effective but requires care & maintenance.

• Yonathan Hammer

It really depends on the hardware. But my guess would be that you’ll be using a high-end GPU (or more in CrossFire/SLI) so in that case watercooling will dramatically reduce wear and tear (those GPUs create massive amounts heat). Unless you can create good airflow that will keep your box at a good temperature, definitely go with watercooling (make sure to divide your budget accordingly).

• WIN_dicator

My bet would be water cooling. It’s super efficient, quite and also you can freely experiment with overclocking your CPU and graphic card.

• Osama Javaid

do tell me what you build…1700$ is an awesome budget