How can I watch programs recorded on TV on my computer?

M Hogarth October 25, 2011

How can I watch a program that I have recorded from my Samsung 3D TV on my computer? It says it needs to be formatted on each device. Is there any software that I can install on my Windows 7 computer that will enable me to be able to watch on both?

1. Mjevolve

hello .
    as windows is failing to identify the drive , 
    you can try this .

>> download Puppy Linux (  )
    its a linux distribution and is very small in size and fast and light .

>> get it onto a USB drive ( just follow the simple instructions in the link mentioned )
    and then Boot your PC into Puppy Linux .

>> when Puppy linux starts , plug in your HDD .
    it might Recognize the drive .( i think it should ..! )
    and then explore the contents of the drive and just copy paste what you want onto your PC's hard drive .

>> restart the PC normally into Windows .
    locate the pasted files , 
    and now its just a matter of the right player or the right codecs that will play the file .
    try KMPlayer , VLC Player , Media Player Classic .....
    they support plenty of formats and codecs .

it might work ...

were you able to find a solution for your question here or do you need more help? Please let us know. Thank you!

You have a 3D TV.  Wow.  Are they expensive?  We just got updated to HDTVs around the house.  I suppose they are outdated now?  We like to do the opposite that you're talking about, and that is watch TV from our PC.  It seems there are lots of reasonably-priced softwares available for doing this. It sure beats paying $55 per month for a basic cable service.

Hello, you can watch pretty much anything on your computer regardless of where it was recorded.  It is just a matter of having the right codecs.  What format was used to record the program?  You will probably need a multimedia converter to convert your program to a format suitable for your computer.  Without knowing more facts, it is hard to give a complete answer.

• M Hogarth

Hello... the problem is that when i plug the hdd into my tv, as it can record progs on to the hdd like having a sky+ box but it had to be formatted with the tv. But when I plug the hdd into my computer it also says it needs to format the device so I would loose all the data on it. What I'm wanting is some software for my pc to enable me to read the hdd that is formatted with the tv.. its a samsung UE40 C7000 3D tv, can you help or point me in the right direction?
      thanks :D