How can I watch movies on my TV from a pen drive?

shiva October 2, 2011

I got a new Samsung TV. However, I am not able to watch movies on the same, though I have a USB port. It says that it will support only pics and audio files. The TV can be connected to a PC or laptop.

Please give some suggestions how to play movies on my TV in a simpler way.

1. Puppydog446

I can watch Xvid/AVI movie files on my XBox 360 via pen drive or disk. Even from my PC via network

Your TV does not support video formats, therefor (to my knowledge) can not play videos via USB. However, if your TV has a DVI/VGA port (and you have DVI or VGA cables) you can connect your laptop to the TV as if it were a native monitor. You may then launch a video on your laptop and watch it on the TV.

3. Mjevolve

you should have checked this before buying the TV ,
    that does the TV support playing Video Files via a USB ...

some TV sets can and some do not ..

reason being simple -- the necessary codecs required to play a file need to be installed in the device .

you can have a look at these type of Media Players -- WD Media Player (  http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330  ) .

there are many other options available other than WD , just look for them .

these mostly support many type of Input Devices and can handle a variety of Media Formats . (  depending upon the model one buys ....  )

if these are expensive , 
    you can look for some cheap Chinese Media players like these , in your local market ...

Which model of samsung it is ?