How can I watch live TV on my laptop?

Rana Singh April 5, 2012

I want to set up TV on my laptop to watch IPL sports TV and other live TV channels. I am living in Oman. How can I do this?

1. mohammed shakir

i am having hp laptop and ubuntu operating system how can i watch live indian channels

2. Suhel

If you want to just see IPL you can go to any online cricket streaming site  eg. http://www.crictime.com there are other websites too that show Indian channels online just search the channel name followed by live. eg. Star Plus Live and 80%time the results would get you to a site that would be showing the channel.

coming to your question, you would need a TV Tuner card, but then it would still need a cable connection or a set top box to watch tv and if the operator in Oman doesnt provide channels you want then it would be totally worthless.

imo better watch online.

3. RayInLV

There are USB TV Tuners available that make it easy.   Windows Media Center has native ability to display the content once you get the signal.   Just Search for "USB TV Tuners" and you will have plenty to choose from.

But do use the Customer Reviews since not all of these are created equal.