How can I watch Hulu from overseas without Hotspot Shield?
Question by Jevan cashmore /

I have noticed as of last month that you can no longer watch Hulu overseas using “Hotspot Shield”. It now has a message noting that your IP address is scrambled and that Hulu is not for use outside the USA.

Is there any way around this?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• David Johnson

I use free USA VPN (PPTP type) to watch USA only video websites, like hulu, abc, pandora and cbs, very smooth and fast connection, the free connection doesn’t disconnected after certain time, strongly suggested.

• Derek

I recommend – can’t beat the price (free!)

Websites rely on a computer’s IP Address for location information. Your computer’s location, or, rather your ISP, is available to any website and they have the technology to block certain countries. For example, websites see your location as US –even though it might not get it exactly correct, it is still good enough to block restrict your access.To solve your connection problem, I remembered a workaround that I had discovered a couple years ago. Use a VPN, Virtual Private Network, which is a type of date encryption. Anyway, the trick I discovered was a side-effect of using this service: It gives you a US based IP wherever you and your computer happen to be in the world. Once you have your VPN set up you can continue to surf the web as you normally would… except in this case all the sites you want will suddenly be UNLOCKED. VPN is also broadband fast, so you will never notice a difference when streaming videos. That’s the part that makes it worthwhile– otherwise, it wouldn’t be worth the trouble to me if it couldn’t stream movies quickly enough and in HD quality!VPN is the only tool available at the moment to unblock all these sites– Hulu, Netflix and Pandora radio– from the UK, Canada and beyond!.Here is a link to VPN. The cost is about $10 US a month, much more affordable than it used to be. Treat yourself to a 10 day trial for a one time price of $5. This is definitely the biggest player in the VPN market. Anybody else using this already and if so, any further recommendations? Leave a comment.Good Luck!

I have tried several solutions as well and agree with SMokey99 that using VPN is probably the easiest way to get it working. oh and as pointed out above most of the VPN services are not free (still very cheap though).

A quick Google search brought me to 10 Free VPN Services for Anonymous Browsing. Check it out as well.

• Jevan

Thank you!

I will give it a try and get back to you about the results.