How can I watch cable TV via WiFi on my laptop?
Question by Season /

Is it possible to make cable TV wireless using Cisco router so that we can watch cable TV from the laptop in a different room with a same WiFi network?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech

• Emmanuel Robert

is it possible to connect my local tv station to any receiving device like <> or others to browse internet?. If possible, what are the requirement and how dose it go to make it work?.

Emmanuel,

since the question you replied to is rather old, I recommend that you ask a new question. Please use the respective link in the top left of the Answers main page.

In your question, please assume that we don't know anything about your issue and current setup. In other words, please provide all the necessary information, so that we can help you.

Thank you!

Did these help any?

• M.S. Smith

Cable TV? As in, coming straight from a wall socket?

For that I believe you would need to have a desktop or laptop recieving the cable signal that has a TV tuner. The computer with the tuner would then have to capture the video, and then you'd have to stream the video from the capturing computer to your laptop...a complex process, and it might not even working depending on the quality of your wireless connection.

Have you tried a SlingBox? You can watch your home TV anywhere.
    http://www.slingbox.com/go/slingbox