Why can’t I make wall posts on Facebook?

Ross October 11, 2011

I can make a status update and I can send private messages, but if someone posts on my wall I can’t reply, nor can I post on anyone else’s wall. I can type, but when I press enter my browser jumps up to the top of the page and nothing is posted.

1. Cynthia

Since around June 3, 2012, I cannot start new threads or post photos on sites that have been Timelined. The box to start a newlst or download a photo is not the Facebook page I am on. It starts out witj posts right below where you choose "hightlights", "posts by friends", etc. I can comment on existing posts and photos. Also, sometimes when I comment I get a warning about spamming and have to tell it to continue. Then sometimes the admin of the page has to tell Facebook it is not spam. Facebook is not looking at their Community Forum wall and they are not saying anything about this. We are the product they are selling to advertisers. These are business sites that I have liked that are Timelined as I do not use Facebook to socialize.

2. Liz

I am trying to post on facebook and it says database write fail. How can this be sorted. thanks :)

• Manja Dolan

I have the same problem. I can't post comments on Facebook or upload on my own wall since this morning. It has nothing to do with browsers or my computer, as I have the same problem on another computer in another browser, while my husband has no problems. So it must be my Facebook account itself. Could this be a virus or have I been blocked by Facebook????

3. ryan tanedo

when i enter my post in may wall.. and a message appears like this

You've entered the same text twice in a row.

• Ariyah

I guess its not only me now. I have a problem like this as well. This sucks.

4. Hafiz Abdulla

I too have the same problem started this evening

5. Sally parrish

I can't respond to friends. I think posably a message has blocked  me and I can't delete the message.  

Ross,

was the issue with your Facebook resolved in the meantime? Please let us know. Thank you!

These temporary problems occurs on many facebook accounts and last for hours,days,months...

you can try clearing everything like cookies, cache, history from the browsers and restart.
    Or try running maintenance by a software like tune up utility.
    you can also try using another browsers,

In case none of these things works, and things gets alright after some time automatically.

you will have to wait.

I could not open messages section for a month.

Meanwhile you can reply your facebook wall posts by replying the notification email you receive, (see, they are not useless !)

check your mail inbox, and search for "posted on your wall" mails.

If you have activated facebook mobile and receivng text notifications, then you can comment back by replying the text notification)

Aso try m.facebook.com

You have to press the "POST" button to make a new wallpost. Press "SHIFT+ENTER" to break lines. Make sure the textbox is selected when you press "ENTER".

What browser are you using? Clear it's cache and restart it, then try again.