What is the best VPN for Torrents?
Question by Perryinjax Youtube channel /

Will using one of the free VPN services out there protect you from getting the nasty letters from Comcast when downloading some movies on TPB using Utorrent?

I’ve read some reviews/articles that say some of the Free VPN’s out there do not work with torrents… this makes me assume that some DO work with torrents/Hide you from trackers?

What is the best Free VPN, or a good one, for someone who wishes to keep downloading movie torrents from TPB, but wants to stop getting threatening letters from Comcast?

Is a VPN even the best solution? (aside from just stopping the activity altogether)

My answer is to use a VPN known for not logging.

Such as:

My new favorite https://vpnme.com

Or others like:

And read the privacy policy and do some research. VPN’s like hma are not for torrents.

VPN’s are now more important than ever with the six strikes being adopted by U.S. ISP’s such as Verizon, and Comcast.

• Alastair Cock

Here is the list of Best P2P and top Torrent VPN Providers that help you to download via torrent and share p2p files anonymously. Now you can Access to any Internet resource without restrictions and bandwidth limitation safe, secure and fast with Torrent VPN accounts.

• abraham lynksys

So how can you trust if a VPN does not log…truth is you cant.
    Services like HMA, STRONG, viper, etc all log, if they have your credit card payment on file which as a buisness they have to then thats a form of logging. Best bet is to get a prepaid debit card with cash in the most sketchy place without cameras, then rent a chinese servers which cost like 3 bucks a month. from there you tunnel the traffic through… So no more listening to WOW forums or HAK5 douche bags…

• Best VPN

You can find a list of all the best VPN services for bittorrent use at The Best Bittorrent VPN Guide

I also personally like HMA (hidemyass pro VPN) [Edit: referral code removed]

I like how you recommend a VPN for torrents that LOGS and is in a country with required logging. I also find it interesting that your link includes a referrer code for you to make money off your bad advise.

When I mouse over your HMA link I see /vpn/r9346:9999/ I see where your motives lie.

I on the other hand truly believe in helping people just like others have helped me. So I would point people to a site like VPNme that actually has NO LOGGING and is based in a country without mandatory logging.

Note that there is no referrer code in my link. I am not trying to make money off an affiliate program, or post bad information to make a buck like you.

My Proof before you respond:

Required Logging for the European Union ( where HMA is based ):

HMA Freely turns over logs that can tie a user to their traffic:

So In summary, I would use https://VPNme.com for my torrent and other needs ( as I actually do ) and do the homework on whatever provider you choose.

Oh yeah. Again no referrer in my link!!!! I am just recommending VPNme because I actually use and like them.

[EDIT: links removed]

• Randy Teams

I found a promo code for VPNme online.

The Promo code is: discount55

Makes the service $4.58 a month on the year plan. I just purchased a year with it instead of the monthly plan I was on.

• Best VPN

I think it’s pretty obvious who is the one doing advertising here. And yes, I did include an affiliate link for HideMyAss, but at least I didn’t do it dishonestly. You on the other hand are pretending not to be selling a site for personal gain, but I happen to know you are almost certainly direclty affiliated with (either as owner or employee) of vpnme.com

While I’m sure we all appreciate the fact that the next poster just so happened to have randomly stumbled upon a coupon code for vpnme.com (how convenient) I would like to make things a bit more transparent for all who read this thread….

VPNme.com gets less than 500 visitors per day. They are in no way an established vpn and may possibly not even be an authentic vpn. Their marketing method consists of trolling for high-profile bittorrent articles with open comments, and then blasting whoever the last poster was to recommend another VPN. If you want to check VPNme.com’s web traffic for yourself, go to http://www.freewebsitereport.org and type in their domain name. Real VPN providers get 10’s of thousands of hits per day.

When I contacted vpnme.com’s webmaster (before I saw this comment) they didn’t even respond with a professional email, or actual names. I sent them an email to learn more about their service and explore the possibility of reviewing them for my website The Best Bittorrent VPN Guide and their response email was signed “One of the founders of VPNme.com.” Not even a real name. I’m not sure that’s what most vpn’s mean when they say they “take anonymity seriously.”

If you go to my website, you will see that I actually mention the fact that HideMyAss keeps logs, but the commenter didn’t even bother to read my review before blasting me. I like HideMyAss because of the functionality and massive array of servers and IP addresses available. It’s not secret that they aren’t the most anonymous of VPN’s (they famously handed over one of the lulzec hackers who mistakenly thought he was anonymous).

So while I urge you to consider all sources to find good information regarding the best vpn choices for bittorrent, I would highly advise all reading this to stay away from vpnme.com until they have established themselves as a real, viable vpn option.

VPN service is not the type of thing where I would want to be an early adopter, and you’re likely to be one of the first 100 customers if you sign up. As always, torrent safe!

• Alastair Andrew

Here’s one:
    For VPN, you can try ( http://www.virtualprivate-network.com/hidemyass-vpnreview/ ), which I found to be fast, reliable, and affordable. Cheapest I’ve found so far, and I’m using it on my iPhone as well to access Facebook, Twitter apps.

I don’t reallly know how to describe speed, but while connected to vpn, Youtube streaming is also pretty fast. A 3 min video takes about 30 secs to load? I’m able to choose to connect from LA, UK, etc.

• Kelly Nice

finally i feel more confortable during my torrent experience. i am testing one month of use but probably i ll ren2w it for one year. http://vpnpaid.com/hidemyassvpn-review.php

• Joo Ken

BolehVPN. Not free, but quite affordable. Good speeds usually, never down, can be used for full VPN for all traffic, or tailored to specific programs like uTorrent.

• Bill

I have been using VPN from Kepard for more than a month. They have a super offer. I had just to create an account through a link which was provided by a friend of mine. So far I’m satisfied with it. In case you get interested just register through this link: http://tinyurl.com/c85uhnu and get 15 days of free VPN, then if you like it just invite another friends of yours and get 30 days of free usage per invite. Just give it a shot. :)

• Howart Smith

I am using Hotspot Shield Free VPN to hide my ip address and surf anonymously. Its Free. Hotspot Shield VPN conceals your IP address and protects your personal data from hackers, including credit card information, online shopping data, passwords, downloads and instant messages from hackers.

Check it out here: http://www.hotspotshield.com

• Jack Sparrows

I Use VPNBook, its free and uses OpenVPN which is more secure

+1 For

• F

With a court order they will share their log info.

• Jack Sparrows

Your reply is quite funny, do you seriously think torrent use will warrant a court order fast enough? vpnbook automatically delete their logs every 3 days

next time, read their terms before you post

• mrb3@n

They dont need to have a subpoena , just an order of preservation. Those can go out immediately. The logs are then preserved for whenever they are able to get the subpoena.