Why am I seeing a VPN error 691 when trying to connect ItsHidden with my free account option?

James August 9, 2011

I use Windows. I have the free option of ItsHidden. When I try to connect it, there is an error 691. Error 691, according to ItsHidden facts page, means I do not have an account. I can login at the website, though. Some internet searching found a forum where someone made a new account and it worked. It did not work for me.

Did ItsHidden stop supporting free accounts? If not what can I do?

Anyone know of a good free VPN without an install preferably? With install? I have read all the MakeUseOf articles on VPN services!

I tried a second account. The details in both are fine. Tried a proxy. All that was before I came here. Thanks for the help. I am thinking about http://hidemyass.com/vpn/ as you suggested. After some research on good paid services they seem good and fit what I need.

• Jeffery Fabish

No problem!

If you need help with HMA VPN my username is "Cinch" on the forums!

Ha ha its not windows. I created the account a few weeks ago. Just now getting around to the problem. Busy. http://itshidden.com/index.php?option=com_acctexp&task=subscribe is a link to the free account registration.

• Jeffery Fabish

Based on how hard it is to find the free registration page, I would say they are trying to stray you away from free usage. 

It says error 691 just means you've entered an invalid username or password, not that it doesn't exist. Are you sure your entering the correct username into the VPN? 

After reading some comments on ZeroPaid I see that a lot of users get this error after logging in over once a day. It seems they may have a cap on how many times you can login a day. Therefor, creating another account (in theory) should work (if there is no IP or HWID restrictions). 

However, I wouldn't trust a company which doesn't have a formal method of speaking with the community, especially when the very product they market relies on the community. I suggest finding a more reputable company with an open forum.

I love how you covertly answered your own question in the first sentence

I am not seeing a "free" plan on ItsHidden, when did you create it?

I'm a huge fan of HideMyAss VPN. The only VPN without an install would be one thatuses PPTP, which isn't as good as OpenVPN or even L2TP. With HMA VPN you may use any of the three. I have heard that ItsHidden is used mostly for P2P anonymity, if you're looking for a good vpn which exlusively supports P2P I would try BTGuard.