Why is the voice quality on Skype so poor?

Anonymous June 4, 2014

I’ve had a Skype calling issue for the last month. I took a one year Skype-to-mobile calling plan. The Skype to Skype also having issue – voice not clear. Can you please suggest me what I should do? Is there an issue with Skype or what?

2. Contactshovit

Dear Rajaa,

I am using 4G in my mobile through wifi connection with 24 MBPS speed, Previously it was working fine but from last month voice not clear, when i was calling to mobile ring going and after that no voice , some times voice came with disturbance.

This issue happen from the last month when automatically update the skype version 4.9.0.45564 on my mobile, Previously it was 4.8 something. I have cross verfiy and check others friends mobile and laptop also. They also having the same issue.

For checking internet bandwidth also i am able to download 3-4 GB movie with in 40 -45 minutes. My question is this issue is from skype itself or where i am getting issue. I have uninstall and re-install the skype also but getting the same issue. Even i am not able to call skype to skype also. When caling skype to skype voice not clear, very disturbance.

Please let me know what can i do to fix the issue. I have raise issue with skype community also but no response.

Regards,

Have a better quality of service ISP with a higher bandwidth in your PC. Also atleast better #G (preferably 4G LTE ) on your mobile. udio suffers because of bad QOS and lesser bandwidth vailble.