Is it really possible to see who visits your Facebook profile?
Question by Barry /

I’ve heard that it’s possible to see who visits your Facebook profile. Is that possible? If so, how do you do it?

• Jeff Fabish

Nope, myth busted (:

The Facebook API does not provide any such functionality. The closest you will come to this is using a statistic tracker, which will count the number of hits your profile gets, though it won’t tell you who it was.

– Jeff

which statistic tracker does work like that?
      is there something that can tell you how many times your profile was viewed ?
      i am asking about profile views, whenever someone visits my profile, it will be add + 1 to counter ? how can it be done?

• Jeff Fabish

Yeah, there are a lot of apps that will do this, one of them is Profile Counter. Basically, it checks to see if the current viewer is equal to your ID, if it is, don’t increment the profile view count. If it isn’t your ID, it’s obviously somebody else and it will increase the view count. 

lol…that’s why i never use an fb app. as it was referred by you, i risked testing it.
      and this is the result , just read the image what your app says:

the app ‘adds’ a button to your profile, and only those who use this app and clicks the button and want to let you know that they viewed you profile, are counted by this counter.

and if you want others to see this button, they will have to use this app on their profile. because it is not possible to make universal changes your profile layout ie adding buttons.

one more facebook app, which just wants your profile information.
      I thought you are already using it, that’s why i allowed it to use my profile.

conclusion: not possible.

• Jeff Fabish

Maybe you could coerce your friends into using the app, no? (: I read about stat counters here (HowStuffWorks).

Agreed, this is not possible. 

Test it yourself, it will never work, it is really simple to accept, that you can not edit facebook interface, it looks like you have edited because you do it on your end, not other people will see what you have installed on your profiles.
      it is same like those blue smileys who is visible only to users of that app.

No wonder why this spam still works, even a smarty like you is looking for it!
      I have seen an app, which just randomly posts stats that i have visited profile of xyz person n times,or i have 2nd rank in the visitors of a person,
      and people will believe it, because they don’t know it is impossible.
      this really embarrasses friends of the person who use such things.

Even if you find a successful way of counting visitors and share it publicly, I am sure facebook will notice it and, the medium or application will be disabled within a month or a week max.
      because it is Mr. Mark’s world :)

NO, and anyone or anything who claims that  it can be done, is spreading spams and scams.
    dont click on anything that reads like this.
    else it will be posted on random places from your profile, or dont post such links by yourself if it asks you to do so.

it is not possible.

stop other from doing it also.

• Amyathuggyfrsh60

um yes there is a way havent u heard!! ha lame-o

• Jay.0

Hi Ameya Vilson,
      There are more than one ways, but you are just joking right ? if you did not see my name in your visitors list ? ;)

• Kassieree

there is no way to view who was on your facebook if you try anythin it is scamming you!!!