What happens to Visio when I replace my Office trial version with a full version?

Rich Grams January 16, 2012

I have a trial version of Office. I purchased Visio and loaded it and now it is in the boot path of the trial version. If I load a new version of Office will it erase the Visio application?

How to run multiple versions of Visio
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298947

possibly whenever you start one visio version or the other, you will have to wait for it to do a bunch of registry gyrations if the current version is different from the last-run version.

Hello, Visio is not included with Office installation.  It should not affect your visio installation when you install a new office product.  Besides, if you buy office program with a license that matches your installation, you do not have to uninstall your previous office program.  It is just a matter of entering the license and you should be able to use same installation.

3. Scott Helmers

Loading a new version of Office should not affect Visio. Though Visio shares an installation path (and some common dlls) with Office, its license is managed separately.