Why can I only view my website using a proxy?

Gabriel June 25, 2010

I’ve just added an addon domain to my hosting account, and it seems to be live, but I cannot view it. Using a proxy all is fine and I can see the domain page (http://intranets-talk.com).

I’ve cleared my cache, flushed my DNS, restarted the router, tried from a different computer (with a totally different IP address),  but it’s always pointing to the same stupid search engine/directory.

When I browse using a (public) proxy, all is fine. My computer has no virus, plus I’ve tried from a machine with a different IP, like I said, with same result.

I cannot figure this one out. Has anyone had this happening before? I know the site it’s visible, just not for me. A WHOIS query returns accurate data. So hosting it’s not the issue. Could it be my registrar? On the same hosting account I have other domain names that work just fine.

Any ideas? I’m going nuts! lol

Thanks,
Gab.

1. fruitgeek.wordpress.com

Hmm. It works fine on my computer...

It takes about 24 hours to be able to see a domain pointing in the direct location.
    When this a site I work for changed webhosts, most people could view the new site, but I couldn't.

So after 24 hours and it's not changed it could be another issue.

For example, when I could not access my sites but I could through a proxy it was because the web server blocked my IP address. So I had to reconnect to the internet to get a new IP address.