Is there a way to view who I’ve followed and unfollowed on Twitter?

welshdragon February 6, 2011

I’m trying to find somebody I followed on Twitter ages ago, but had to unfollow due to personal issues at the time. Is there a way to view who I’ve followed?

1. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

If you don remember their email but you think you still have this persons email in your email contact list (Gmail, Hotmail, yahoo, etc.) you may use the Import tool: http://twitter.com/#!/who_to_follow/import to search for all your contacts and see if they have a twitter account linked to that email, if they do they will pop up as possible people to follow and by looking at that list you can remeber the person you unfollowed and now want to follow again.

It is possible this person closed his/her twitter account and if they did you could send them an email inviting them to go back. Don't know if this is useful but if you want to send a message of friendship by following someone on twitter, specially after unfollowing him/her, then the invite could be very useful. :)

2. Mark O'Neill

I am fairly certain that it is impossible to get a record of past unfollowed people. In terms of finding them again however, have you tried Googling for them? A lot of people put their real name on their Twitter profile so try googling "twitter" + "their name" and see if anything comes up. I find a lot of people that way. Or if they have a personal website, see if they have a Twitter ID listed on there.

If you don't know their real name, then you are probably out of luck.

I agree with Mark...

For the future maybe look for a "decent" Twitter client. Some of them let you "follow" people without really following them via the twitter system.
      For example Socialite on Mac has a "profile peek" option which will update the persons tweets like you'd follow them.

That will be difficult but the above mentionned tools can help you in the future.

4. Mark Jones

That's not what I was after, I was following a person and had to unfollow them, but I want to follow them again, however I can't remember their twitter ID