How can I view a private Facebook wall?

ann May 13, 2010

How can I view a person’s private Facebook wall?

1. mystique

For the person who said "you are ridiculous", you need 2 see just passed your own opinion here otherwise leave the site. These people obviously have a perfectly good explaination as to why they need 2 see a private wall. Its a good question 2 - how to see a private wall. That's why google is here William. I was personally curious to whether or not it works as I have someone slating my friend on his wall & I can't see it anymore because he's blocked me...the only ridiculous thing about facebook is how immature people get with it.

2. Gawaishubham789

i'm his friend but he blocked his wall pls help me how can i see his wall?

• Jay.0

You can't, only your friend can decide who can see what on his profile.
      But you can still see his public activities and updates on his wall.

3. RUDOLPH1954

4. John

Person blocked me, I can't get into they wall. ,but I can see their profile picture& their profiles of what music they like& etc, why is that????

5. Heather Burtoft

i am a friend of the person i want to view friends list of but they obviously never go on fbook so dont respond but i need to add a mutual friend, but he has his friends hidden is there any way i can get access to them ???

If his/her friends are hidden from friends I doubt you will be able to view them unless there is a some kind of hack Facebook doesn't know about yet. I am not aware of any though. You may want to try asking this as a new questions posting specifically what you want to do, maybe someone shares a few handy tips. To ask a new question on MakeUseOf Answers go to,

• Alison Shurman

Question my former friend is not my friend on fb but I look occasionally to see if a default pic has changed. It automatically goes to info. Just realized when I click on the wall button I can see her wall! But it only shows me like 4 things. People who's pages she's commented on or one person who posted on her page. But no precepts history or status's. What's that about?

6. william

you all are ridiculous

7. Khairulsyazwanfawwaz

what happen if i say i must see private wall???but i really dunno how wife getting change .....she like hiding ???please ..i really need it ...i jz wan to do what suppose i do when i so love her .....

8. Umar khanz

you can view some one's friends easily. but you must be added by your friend even restricted.
    on your wall some times you observe a list of people with heading :"People you may know" having option 1 Mutual Friend beneth them. click on this option or just point each picture for some time and you will see the person belongs to.
    cheers. . . 
    its Umar Khan

• Jnrvilhena

How can we avoid taht friends be visible to restricted friends?

9. Vanessa

how can i view someones friends on facebook if thrr private??????????????/ help [lzzzz

10. Jkljl

My sister and I are friends on facebook but she clicked on status and then clicked on the lock and hit customize and added my name to the except list. I can see pics, info, videos, still listed as sister..the whole nine yards. Nothing like making it obvious. 

• Jack Cola

That's because it's only for that status update, and if you tick make default, then that will only be for your wall. For everything else that you mentioned, you need to go into privacy settings.

11. Jenny

I guess there's nuthing that can actually help us view private profiles. If there is, must be very technical... My BF knws the trick nd says he can view any1's wall/profile/pics without being their friends and yes i found dae t'was true.. he's not willing to tell me hw he does that...nd i'm very anxious 2 knw how 2 do that... can sum1 plzzzz lemme knw about the trick????

12. Jason Itumay

So, does it conclude that it is impossible to view someone's private wall? How about if you added him as a friend already, confirmed but then still wall is set to private, is there a way of accessing that wall?Cheers,Sky High

13. violet

how do you view your "friends" wall when it isnt shown>

• Racknroller_9

I guess your telling people you cant for ethical reasons.. A little right clicking and left clicking.. and your in, just have to know what to look for. I found pics of mine on someones profile who I "thought" was blocked.

• Rose Red

I have a sort of in to an old friends FB (just by doing your right click, left clicking thing) but how would one do it if you're not friends on FB, can't view their wall but have their ID... and funny and I got links to three of their albums and I CAN view some of their pictures... looks like privacy settings don't really work if you've the direct links to the albums.

• Bay0uqueen

Can you explain this right click left click thing??? Just curious? Not gonna hack anyone....

Hi Ann,

(I'll assume you have a very good reason for wanting this information)

The easiest way is just to become a friend of the person.
    If they don't allow you then try asking a friend of yours to be their friend.
    Then your friend could feed you the information.

All suggestions below are really not ethical and some require technical expertise to carry out. I list them here strictly for information purposes only.

This one is against Facebook's terms of use. Again I'm not condoning it. It would be to create a dummy Facebook account (try to make it as convincing and appealing as possible so the person would accept you as a friend).

Failing that you would need brief access (or a friend of yours would need brief access)
    to the computer on which the private wall is viewed. Once you have access then either one of a variety of keyloggers could be installed. This is with a view to gaining the password of the person's account. Again I do not condone this action.

The best way is really the honest way. You may want to consider how you'd react if you did see what they kept private. If you're a concerned parent worried about your child then it's a different story entirely.

thanks for the input!

15. Mark O'Neill

If anyone could view anyone else's wall on Facebook, it wouldn't be private would it?

• A20flight

Yes, it would. If I caught you looking through my private possessions, they are still private to me, even if you chose to make them public. The questioner asked, 'How can I view a private Facebook wall? They know it's 'private', they want to know if there's a way for them to individually by-pass the privacy settings. 'Privacy' is as much a state of mind as a tangible situation, especially on the internet.

• Mr

What a load of nonsense. Have you used the Internet? 'Private' on the Internet means only certain people can see it. At least that's what everyone generally considers it to mean, except you apparently.

• Wasvs

If people wanted to be so PRIVATE they wouldnt post every little time they farted on FB...its a stuped conumdrum...they want the best of both worlds.   so riduculous.....DONT POST DUMB SHIT that should be kept provate in the first place

16. Steve Campbell

You can't. You need to become the person's friend before you can see his/her private wall. Some people do not want strangers viewing their personal information, so they invoke such privacy restrictions on their profiles.

• Man_ba

Are you a friend on Facebook? Is it possible to block the wall for friends? How did he do it? Or is it a bug?

• christina malixi

yeah u can with ur private setting then customize then POST BY me u can choose customize it ..