Why can’t I view a photo posted on Facebook by a fan?

Khalisa Adila February 13, 2012

Why can’t I view a photo posted by a fan while using my fan page, but I can when using my own page? I have the settings configured so that they are allowed to post videos and photos. And there are previous photos by other fans. But this one photo doesn’t appear. Why not?

1. richard

help me Why can’t I view a photo posted by a fan while using my fan page, but I can when using my own page? I have the settings configured so that they are allowed to post videos and photos. And there are previous photos by other fans. But this one photo doesn’t appear. Why not?

• Susendeep Dutta

For avoiding any other factors,try clearing browser cookies and check Antivirus settings.Secondly,Go to Account Settings-->Security>Disable Secure Browsing.

2. Jay.0

Private photos on a facebook page!? I thought everything on a facebook page is public.

Well, I think you should report it to facebook, if you are sure.

3. Jay.0

Tested this,

Your photo will not be on Big Cookie Theory's page, if you tag it in the description, or tag the page in the photo, even if it is public. (your photos are not public)

the only way you can dispaly your page mentin on the big cookie,
    is mentioning on a status update (public)

4. Khalisakhairi

Thanks guys. I did try what Jay.O said.. it worked for one second! I saw the photo that my fan posted but when i mentioned my fanpage on my homepage it did not seem to appear on my fanpage. However before my fanpage was mentioned by others and it did appear. Only now i seem to be having this problem :(

• Karkala Nayak

Hello Khalisakhairi,
      When You say "when i mentioned my fanpage on my homepage it did not seem to appear on my fanpage"
      I didn't get what you are trying to say by that phrase.

Like,
      what really are you doing? Are you trying to copy paste the link address when you say that " i mentioned my fanpage"

Please describe to us more. so that we can find a solution and help you.

Thank you
      :)

• Jay.0

Why for one second ?! The photo posted on your fan page by your fan can be seen, whenever you want.
      But you will not see it on your news feed.

May be it gets displayed on the news feed only when it is posted by a friend.

So, I think the photo issue is solved ?

Now, you did not specify the place of mention.
      a person's own profile,  or a post on your page, or in a comment on your page ?

You will not see many things from your page in your news feed, unless it is by your friends, according to me.

5. Nicole

I'm running into the same problem with my fan page. I can only see the images posted by fans who are my friends on my personal page. When I "use as fan page" most of the fan-posted images disappear. I also checked with a few of my "fans" and they aren't able to see many of the photos posted on my page by other fans.

• Jay.0

May be you know this, but you need to click on  "Everyone (most recent)" to see posts by fans.

It did not happen when I tested, I can see photos from non friends on my page.

Try this link when you use facebook as page.
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.271891252837365

There are 21 photos when I see it, are there any hidden photos, which I can not see ?

6. Jay.0

Did you try clicking on : Everyone (Most Recent) ?

7. Karkala Nayak

Hello Khalisa,

First thing, I believe that the fan has not actually posted the image...

OR 

maybe the Fan or You might have by mistakenly deleted the photo 

OR 

You may have selected the 'X' on top right corner of the post making it reported as spam and hiding it from your view.

OR

DO THIS CLICK ON · Everyone (Most Recent) WHICH IS SITUATED AT THE TOP JUST ABOVE SHARE BUTTONS I WILL ATTACH THE PICTURE OF IT..check that....

I hope this helped...
    :)

• Jay.0

You are right about "everything (most recent)" , looks very much like this.

she can still see the picture as herself, it's not lost :)
      Reporting the picture does not make it invisible. (just tried:)

• Karkala Nayak

Jay.0, You maybe right about the Reporting part cause I tried as a normal user by going to the page and clicking on the X then the whole post minimized and disappeared and it showed me the message

Thanks for Your Help
        Thanks for your feedback. You can Undo this action or Report it as abusive.

So That's how I judged the Result of this X button which appears on every post..

Anyway you are right about it so Khalisa should ignore that part of X then

:)