Why can I not view MakeUseOf.com with Firefox?

mark May 4, 2010

When I log onto the MakeUseOf site I cannot view the site in Firefox all that appears is a series of windings?

A similar question was asked before.

You might want to read some of the answers http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/read-links-makeuseof/

• Mark

Thanks Jack very much for the link. I couldn't find a corrupted font in the windows folder ie Control Panel-Font-Detail View and folder that has a 0 size. But refreshing using Ctrl+F5 does the trick. Thank you very much for your help. Many thanks Mark.

• Jack Cola

I'm glade you got it sorted. Ctrl+F5 does a hard reload which basically means your web browser will get the document from the server instead of the cache on your hard drive which could have had the corrupt font/file etc.

2. Saikat Basu

The common cause of such an issue is a corrupted font. Firefox can't display that font in the size that is requested and displays garbage instead. The solution is to reinstall that font. With Helvetica this issue is quite common. Did you install some fonts from untrusted sources recently? If so, delete those fonts from your Font folder and then check again.

What version of FireFox are you using and what add-ons are enabled?