How can I view local network TV without a cable connection using a Sylvania TV Model SRT2319A?

Sandy July 5, 2011

I have a Sylvania TV model SRT2319A, manufactured July 2004. I have always used a cable provider to view local network TV channels. How can I view local network TV without cable connection? I can’t find my manual.

did James' reply answer your question? Were you able to set it up? Please let us know in case you need more help!

You'll need a standard coaxial aerial connection. Do you have an aerial on the roof of your house or apartment? It's like a large metal thing with pokey bits on it, maybe looks like a bunch of metal coathangers and stuck together. If you have, its more than likely there's an aerial connection somewhere in your house. You're looking for a ~1cm round socket with a smaller 1mm diameter pring in the middle of it...

There should be a similar socket on the TV, so you'll need to connect the tv with what is called coax or regular aerial cable. 

Bear in mind though that if you've never done this before, your aerial may be quite old and not able to receive digital broadcasts. You may not be able to receive them too, but thats another matter. If it's not able to get digital aerial signal, you'll be limited to 5-10 channels on analogue signal, which is due to be turned off completely in most parts of the world within the next few years. No idea where you are though. You may need to look at a getting a new digital aerial installed.