How to view Google Reader inside Gmail?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani August 28, 2012

Please specify and elaborate exactly how to implement reading Google reader subscriptions inside a Gmail account

1. Ender

makeuse shows it here:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/20-must-see-greasemonkey-addonsno-technical-knowledge-req/

under goodies
    11. Gmail + Reader Integrator – integrates Google Reader into Gmail. This literally saves you one extra tab. Highly Recommended

2. Vampie C.

As said before, there is no way to directly integrate raeder into gmail.

If you don't mind receiving emails for every item, you can use all kind of services that send RSS feeds to mail.
    Ex. blogtrottr.com, IFTTT.com

But then you would have to make an entry for every subscription you ave.

To avoid this, you can do the following:

Set up a new label and make it public from the settings and apply this label to all your subscriptions (old and new).
    You should then be able to use the public feed of this label in any of the above services.

The best way to read RSS feeds from within your e-mail client is to have them automatically mailed to your address. As Justin pointed out, however, there are ways to view GReader INSIDE of Gmail. If you would prefer using your inbox to handle RSS feeds, I have an alternative solution:

There's an extension for Firefox (altered with a GreaseMonkey script) that permits this, but the easiest way is to use an app. It's been years since I used any of these services, but I believe the one I tried (and it was good) was feedmyinbox.com.

It's supposed to automatically e-mail items from your RSS feed directly into your e-mail inbox. Originally, I found services like this highly useful because I wanted to handle all my business/schoolwork/etc from a single location. Unfortunately, as my RSS interests grew, I found it was impossible to keep up with the constant stream of information. Hope that was of help.

4. Justin Pot

This is the closest I could find. Not sure if it works with newer version of Gmail, but give it a shot:

http://lifehacker.com/5104347/integrated-gmail-loads-any-google-app-inside-gmail

5. venkatp16

there is no feature to add to gmail... i think u can add to google+ or iegoogle.