Can I view an Android application output on my computer screen?

junaid March 25, 2011

I have read that article on how to write first program in Android How To Write Your First Google Android Application How To Write Your First Google Android Application Want to know how to write Google Android apps? Most Android applications are written in Java – a relatively easy to learn, friendly language for new developers. Aside from the possibility some money, you could... Read More . I have successfully installed and run my first program. There is no error, but I can’t see the output.

I am completely new on Android and was just wondering if I can see my Android application output like HelloWorld on my computer screen or can I only see it on Android devices?

Thanks!

1. angstwad

Yes, use the Android emulator that comes with the Android SDK. It loads up a virtual phone, from which you can install and run your APK.

That said, if your hello world app is not sending text to the screen then it's not coded properly. Use the SDK, debug your app, run it in the VM. Done, son.

2. shankar

There must be many VNC apps in the android market which can couple with the Tight VNC app on windows. Download and install them and hopefully you can simulate ur device on PC. I have tried it on iOS, so it should be possible with Android too.