What can I do to view Aero effects in Windows 7?

Vinay February 1, 2011

I am running Windows 7 bulid 7600 32-bit. The system is cautioning that my graphics card doesn’t support Aero effects. Is there any connection with the processor I am using? I mean, will the problem get solved if I use 64-bit Windows 7? I want my system to display Aero effects.

1. Hitesh Patel

hi every oneĀ 

hi can anyone help me with my grafic kard..........i have geforce 5200 nvidia grafic kart and now its saying to me that is running in standart vga grafic adapter and it doesnt display me aero effects.....

Hi
    Try Windows Experience Index
    1)Right click My Computer -> Properties, A New window with System information will be displayed
    2) Click on Performance Information and Tools at bottom right side of window.
    3)Click on Performance Information and Tools at bottom right side of window
    4)Now click Re-run the assessment
    5)Once your Windows Experience Index is recalculated and if its higher then 3.0, Aero in Windows 7 will get automatically enabled.

You can change colors by righ clicking on desktop-> Personalize -> Select Windows Colors

Or for more details
    Go to run type cmd then right click and run as Administrator. The write and execute
    winsat formal -v >> output.txt
    or winsat formal -v >> c:winsat.txt

What the command does is it will run formal assessment on all system devices or sub-components to calculate the performance benchmarks, which is also used to calculate Windows Experience Index. All performance ratings will be saved and recorded in output.txt in the current directory. Unlike WEI, the content in the output file is comprehensive and detailed

Aero will not function ig.
    1. The hardware, such as a video card or its driver, does not meet the requirements.

2. The color settings are set below 32 bit.

3. The monitor refresh frequency is set too low.

4. The Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager service (UxSms) is not running.

Go into file explorer and browse to

"%windir%performancewinsat" and look for the file winsat.log and also the latest dated file from "%windir%performancewinsatdatastore" which will be an XML file. you can see what is halting the process.

Hello, Is this a laptop or a desktop? Is your system using on board graphics or a different card? On board graphics are embedded in your motherboard and hardware graphics are different piece of hardware that goes either in an AGP or PCI-E slot. Here is a link with the requirements for running windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/system-requirements

To answer your first question, the answer is no. It does not matter what processor you are running. Even if you install 64 bits, it is still going to tell you the same thing.

With your current card, you will not be able to run aero effects unless the graphic's card manufacturer provides at least drivers compatible with WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) 1.0. WDDM is a new architecture for graphic drivers that started with windows Vista. Have you checked if the graphic's card manufacturer has driver updates compatible with WDDM 1.0 for your card? Somehow I doubt that you can get those drivers for your card because if there were any available, windows 7 would have found one compatible with it.

If your system is a desktop you are in luck. In order for your system to run aero, you can get a new graphics card either for AGP or PCI-E slots. Nowadays you do not see the newest cards being made for AGP because it is older technology. All new cards are made for PCI-E ports.

If you are a running a laptop, you are out of luck. You have to live without aero because the only possible solution is for you to find a driver. Unless of course, you are willing to get a new motherboard with a compatible graphics card that fits your chassis. Hope it helps.

The Windows 7 System Requirements do not exactly depict the requirements for running Aero.

here are the full requirements to run Aero on your system:
      ~ 1GHz x86 or x64) processor
      ~ 1GB RAM
      ~ DirectX 9 GPU with Pixel Shader 2.0
      + 64MB graphics memory for resolution up to 1.310.720 pixels (e.g. 1280x1024)
      + 128MB graphics memory for up to 2.304.000 pixels (e.g. 1600x1200)
      + 256MB graphics memory for everything above

You also have to install the appropriate driver for your GPU and run the Hardware assessment as described by ha14.

For further troubleshooting click on Start and type "Aero" into the search box.
      Click on the result named "Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects". This will open the Aero troubleshooting wizard.