Which version of BitDefender should I use with the MakeUseOf giveaway licence?

Ashwin D July 21, 2014

Hi, I am Ashwin. I just redeemed the reward for Bitdefender 2014 1 yr/1 PC license yesterday. I learnt that to activate it I must download the trial version and enter the keycode provided in the email but I just found that the latest version is Bitdefender 2015. The 2013 version is mentioned in the email which I couldn’t find anywhere. My question is – will this keycode work in the 2015 version or should I download the 2014 version? Thanks.

1. Ashwin D

I downloaded the BD IS 2015 trial and the keycode worked! Never had to upgrade.

thanks for your feedback, glad that it worked with you as makeuseof rewards are genuine:) now everyone can get advantage from your experience

• Ashwin D

Thanks ! So this will work in the new bitdefender 2015..

well perhaps you can create bitdefender account and insert your key there then you should get more info. Now some giveaway have license shelf life so activation period will be different. I dont know haw exactly works here with makeuseof giveaway, you can try and see if it will work. My guess above link is for retail license and for any other license sources the rules can be different. It is easy to see it just download bitdefender and upon install there will be a box for license, just insert so you can see if it will work