How do I verify a Google Account without a phone number?

Alex June 8, 2014

So I was trying to create a new Google Account and right when I finished writing in all of my information, it asks me to verify my account with a phone number. The problem is, I don’t have a phone, so I can’t verify my account that way, and for some reason, it’s not giving me a way to bypass this page.

Please help me fix this issue. Thanks.

1. Ben S

Can you ask a friend to borrow theirs? As long as you have access to a phone you should be able to activate your account.

• Alex

I guess I can do that. Thank you for your help.

• Alex

I don't want to have to depend on people for this. How do I verify a Google Account without a phone number but also without having to depend on others?

• Ben S

Do you have access to another Google account? Can you create a Google Voice number on that account and use that to verify?

Can you go out and get a cheap phone to use to verify your account? Why do you not have a phone?

2. Alyce C

I don't think that is possible but you can still check it with your landline no.

• Alex

I tried with my landline, but then it displays a message that tells me that the number I entered has been used too many times. This is probably because I used this same number for my old Google account.

Do you not have a landline phone either? The verification can be done through that as well (you get a rather spooky automated call about a second after completing the registration).

• Alex

I do have a landline. Unfortunately, Google won't accept that number because it has apparently been used too many times, which makes sense since it is the only phone I have and I had used it on my previous Google account.