How can I view the contents of .zip or .rar file before downloading it?

farhad2161 April 13, 2010

How can I view the content of .zip or .rar file before downloading it?

use mass downloader u can preview & also allows u to download the only files u need

also try loadscout it may also work

2. Ali arghianey

you can use Download accelerator plus Premium (DAP) to see content of archieves before u download it .

3. Ali arghianey

4. Ali arghianey

5. Patel

I think it is impossible to view before you download it.

There are many tools which work with RAR archives. But unfortunately some days ago no one of theirs couldn't assist me. Luckily for me my friend called me and by accident advised - rar recovery. The tool solved my problem within seconds and absolutely simply. It has a lot of capacities and perhaps will relieve you...

7. Mark O'Neill

Normally you can just double-click the file and it will open to reveal the files (unless the file is password-protected).

Hey Mark,

He wants to know how to view the contents of the file BEFORE downloading it.

Farhad,

We have review a couple of tools that can let you preview the contents of the archive files prior downloading them.

- How to Grab Only Files You Need from Online Zip File (Windows app)
    - ArchView: Preview Zip Files Online (Firefox addon)

Let us know if you have any issues with above apps.