Can users disable/remove the new header on MUO pages?

Gordon Hay October 12, 2012

Since the new ask/search/offers header appeared it has become something of an annoyance as it stays in place as you move down the page, meaning that when you use the page down/up keys you miss part of the text. Is there a way to remove this header bar, or is the only answer to stick with scrolling?

1. Deekshith Allamaneni

You can do it by using userscripts. Check if there is any on userscripts.org. If nobody has written, then try writing yourself. Dont forget to inform us if you write.

• Gordon Hay

Sorry, but I don't know anything about writing my own (or any, for that matter) scripts.

2. Muo TechGuy

No, this isn't currently possible. But, it's good idea to let logged in users cusotmize their experience, so I'll add it to the random to-do list. Thanks.

• Gordon Hay

Thanks anyway, I await developments.

I should have added that the User section of the header doesn't seem to work properly either - the links to profile etc. only appear for a second after loading a page then go, leaving just the avatar and badge. (I have tried it in different browsers, and with add-ons disabled etc.)

• Muo TechGuy

Is it possible you have text sized zoomed in?

• Gordon Hay

Thanks, that was it!

I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that, especially as I have encountered a similar issue with a newspaper site I read every day.

The simple things, eh?

3. Dimal Chandrasiri

I guess there is no way to get rid of this. try greese monkey plugins for a method.