How to use an FM transmitter on Android Gingerbread which lacks the radio stock application?

Drsunil V January 29, 2014

Are you sure that your android device support FM transmission?

TuneLink Auto™ for Android
    http://www.newpotatotech.com/TUNELINK_ANDROID/tunelink_android.html

• Drsunil V

hi. Please note that q is for the stock fm radio app for receiving local radio channels ( not internet radio )

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have an FM transmitter that I plug into my phone, abd it transmits audio from my phone to an FM radio (my car stereo) sui I can listen you my stirred music files. The phone does not require any FM radio app of any kind, unless you wish to stream FM radio station broadcasts to an FM radio.

• Drsunil V

Please note that question is for the stock fm radio app for receiving local radio channels ( not internet radio )

• Dalsan M

I understand now, you wish to use an FM radio app with the phone's FM receiver. Does it have a receiver to receive FM radio signals? If so, then you may be able to use an FM radio app available in the Play Store. If the phone does not have an FM receiver, I'm not sure if you could make it work with an external FM receiver and antenna.

An FM transmitter would take audio from a source, then transmit the audio through radio frequency waves. An FM receiver would accept the radio frequency waves and convert it to audio.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Please tell the app link for FM radio app mentioned in your response

• Drsunil V

Thanks. I have pushed install of FM TwoO to Android device. Please note that I would get back to you if further assistance is needed in this connection

• Drsunil V

hi. I tried to use the app but the local channels were not received through the app on HCL ME AM7A1 tab

• Dalsan M

The HCL ME tablet does not have an FM receiver, so the app will not work. I do not know if there is an external receiver that could be used for enabling the tablet to get FM capabilities.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Your replies enriched with time