Should I use Facebook’s Top Stories or Most Recent option?

Zivar R March 12, 2014

Top stories or Most recent? I really don’t know what to chose. I want to keep updated but I only check Facebook 1 or 2 times a day.

1. Abilash A

Its all about your personal preference. I would suggest you to go for "Most Recent"

2. Dave P

My advice is not to worry about it. It's not as though you can't change from one to the other and then back again at will. In fact, if you choose Most Recent Facebook will forcibly revert you back to Top Stories as soon as you clear your cookies.

I prefer Most Recent as you then know you're getting every update from every friend. Top Stories is really only useful if you have hundreds of friends and not enough time to scroll through their random updates.

3. Ben S

I prefer Most Recent. This way, when I refresh Facebook I know I'm getting the newest news. With Top Stories, Facebook picks what it thinks is interesting, which may or may not be what you want to see.
    If neither option is working for you, I would recommend the awesome browser extension Social Fixer. It lets you customize your News Feed much more than Facebook does by default. Give it a shot!