How can I get my USB TV tuner to work?

Terry Hollett September 11, 2010

1.4 GHz system, Windows XP Pro SP3, RADEON 9200 video, MSI_VOX_II_TV_Tuner USB device.

Basically, I can’t get it to work. I’ve downloaded a bunch of drivers. When I plugged it in, first the hardware wizard started up, even after installing the drivers. I chose to allow Windows to go online, it installed TV Walker QQ, but then I get an error code 10.

well you can try to use driver installers such as driver genius, drivereasy, driverguide and will see if there is an update

2. MaK
  3. Terry Hollett

First I installed a driver I downloaded of the internet. I got this device on eBay. It didn't come with are CD. I sent an email to the seller and they just sent a link to a download.

I downloaded and installed this: C:Program FilesUSB_video_device, I then plug in the tv device. The new hardware wizard starts up. I first let Windows to try to install it automatically with the option to search online for drivers. It tries to install the TV Walker QQ drivers. Without the online search it doesn't find anything.

So I try to install it manually by pointing it to: C:Program FilesUSB_video_deviceDriverDriver32
    It still can't set it up.

It's possible I just don't have the right drivers yet. I'm going to search for some different drivers. Thanks for all who answered. I still open to other suggestions.

To ha14, I just recently reinstalled Windows on my system, but it had nothing to do with this device.

Hi

Clean instal xp and reinsatal vox

you should have at least tried it on another computer, if you have the same problem, then you will definitely known it is a fault with the Vox.

powered usb hub, that will give you 500m AMP each port, mother board is using a Nvidia chipset, for Pentium you should have ICH4, then you plug the usb device in the root hub

I think clean install is not necessary here. It seems to me that Windows installed the wrong drivers.

Terry, did you try uninstalling the drivers Windows installed for you and instead using the CD that came with your system.