Will a USB 3.0 pen drive work with my Sony HDTV?

Harshad November 23, 2011

I plan to buy a 16 or 32GB USB 3.0 pen drive. I have a Sony LCD TV and I’ve heard people say USB 3.0 pen drives won’t work with them. Does anyone know if that is true?

1. Dheerajkambale

yes ofcourse..pls refer to the manual..

2. Stivinn Aura

Harshad, it does not matter if your TV doesn't support the USB 3.0 standard. If you are able to use USB 2.0 pen drives with it, you can use USB 3.0 pen drives with your TV just as nicely. This is because USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0, and it will work on ALL platforms that worked with USB 2.0.

Like with USB 2.0 pen drives, you will need to make sure that the file-system of the USB 3.0 flash drive and format of videos on the pen drive are can be read by your TV. You will find this information in your TV's manual, the Sony's website or you can ask their representative.

which model is it ?
    check your manual etc and specificaions on web.
    usb support may be mentioned there, so you can find out will 3.0 will work or not.

there is a theory that sony works with sony only, as the link mentions 3.0 usb hard disk works well with sony bravia. it is possible that your pen drive will work.http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/13/sony-hd-pg5u-usb-3-0-drive-puts-family-first-works-best-with-ot

Highly likely. USB3.0 is a new specification, so if your TV is more than 6 months old I doubt it supports it. But, it should be backward compatible too, surely?