What is the URL for the CNN Desktop News app?

Steve2222 March 4, 2011

Anyone know the new CNN URL for the site referred to in this MUO article: Four Really Good Free Desktop News Ticker Apps Four Really Good Free Desktop News Ticker Apps Four Really Good Free Desktop News Ticker Apps Read More

Thanks!

Steve,

I wrote the above article. I had a quick glance over the CNN homepage and couldn't find the app. However, some Google magic revealed, that it is now called Desktop Alerter and it can be found on CNN's Tools & Extras page. Hope that helps!

• Steve

Thanks Tina, but this new product is not a 'ticker tape' display and nor does it let you add other RSS feeds you select yourself. Both those features you mentioned in your article and were what attracted me to look at that application.

Given the limitations in the new CNN application , I have gone with NewsBliss instead (mentioned in your article) - it's only weakness is you cannot vary the ticker display speed.

Steve,

I'm afraid then that the old tool was purged in the meantime. You might still find it under its old name on software sharing sites. But since it's no longer distributed by CNN, it might not be supported anymore.

If you want to add custom RSS streams, I recommend that you look into KlipFolio.