Why can I not upload music to YouTube using my iMac?

Roy Martin August 3, 2011

I have asked other iMac users. How or what am I doing wrong? Won’t take upload of songs to YouTube. Says I am not allowed and blocked.

1. Roy Martin

No they are not assigned to a record label yet. Just trying to help a friend
    upload his and his brother's music.

In that case, just make a new account. You've clearly been banned for doing something bad in the past. 

YouTube is very good at identifying commerical music and will refuse to accept it *automatically* if it detects a song that has been marked by the publishers as "do not allow upload". Another possibility is that your account has actually been banned - are you able to upload any other videos, or is just a certain music video which gives errors?

• Roy Martin

I can't understand why I was banned. My friend has a CD, that him and
      his brother made together. (They sound like the Beatles) I was just trying
      to give them some exposure. It's really good. How can I do this for them? I sure would appreciate help.

I am looking at getting a iPad2, next week.

Thank You.

Are they signed with a record label yet? Perhaps the label has already added their music to the catalogue of "dont pirate this". OR it could be that something you uploaded in the past has gotten you banned. Is this your first upload?