When can I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Gio to Android 4.0?

Scutaru Razvan August 26, 2012

1. Marian Cimbru

Well, I've flashed a lot of custom ROMs on my Galaxy Ace but the final conclusion is that no ROM would be better then the original ROM. Custom ROMs still have battery consumption issues, some of them have no Google Apps support, some of them have no camera functionality. So now I'm using the original ROM which is the best solution for all above mentioned.

2. Krishna Vallabhaneni

Right now just check out xda dev

3. Tony Batty

Hey!I found these site with useful information with regards to updating you Gio,

4. iVad3r

Well it depends on the carrier, samsung and your location, if you bought for example from KSA, it differs from buying it from USA or UK.

Your phone's upgrade depends upon your carrier(if on contract) and Samsung.So,your phone keeps checking for updates automatically and will notify you whenever available.Most of the Samsung phones will receive ICS update in the end of this year.

In the link below,it lists the devices expected to get ICS update in which there's no name for Galaxy Gio -

6. Frederick Doe

Apparently right now:

It's not on cyanogenmod.com, though, so it's probably an unofficial build.

Like always, I am not responsible for what you do to your phone or what happens to your phone :-)