How can I upgrade my mobile phone to Windows 7 Mobile?

ExistentialKid February 23, 2010

Hello,

obviously am aware of Windows 7 Mobile for smartphones. My HTC Touch Pro (Verizon) is running Windows 6.1 and I have yet to read or see any way possible to upgrade the OS to Windows 7. Is it possible at all? Thanks.

1. ExistentialKid

I searched some good searches; but stopped after I found one weird "Answers" page of some sort where a dude had proclaimed that he was in the process of suing because his phone "had magnets" in it and he now had cancer.

I think I need to sleep; rational thought seems to follow with rest :)

gnite...take care

2. ExistentialKid

Tina, I think I love you. Seriously.

I was starting to wig-out, and wasn't sure if radiation poisoning had anything to do with my condition. I've had the phone over a year & hadn't until recently encountered a metal object clinging to the side (but am disappointed in myself for not figuring out the stylus connection).

Seriously, thanks...Google wasn't helping, but that's probably 'cause it was so damn obvious!

Glad I could help! :)

It's not necessarily obvious. I happen to own a HTC Touch Pro myself and have been fascinated with this smart feature. You can also "clip" the stylus to the phone's side.

If I may ask, what did you search on Google? The search magnetic AND "htc touch pro" should have put you on the right track. I guess the secret is to use the right keywords. :)

3. ExistentialKid

Hey, thx for your reply...

Probably just as well; I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but my phone has turned magnetic on one side...I'm actually going to pose this question in this forum to make sure I'm not silently dying of tumors...

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :)

Your HTC Touch Pro didn't suddenly turn magnetic, it's designed to be magnetic on the side that holds the stylus. This mechanism ensures that your stylus won't randomly slide out and get lost.

I think the magnetism also triggers the screen to turn on when you pull out the stylus.

Unfortunately it's looking as though you won't be able to. That's a real shame.