tadasp

How can I upgrade my iPhone from version 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?

06 Oct 2011
06 Oct 2011 | |

I couldn’t upgrade my official (not jailbroken, not unlocked) iPhone 4 to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1 in any way, except by running with Tiny Umbrella.

If I don’t use Tiny Umbrella, I always get an error message (3149). I tried to modify the host file in every way, but 3149 was always there.

So I placed my phone in DFU mode, launched TinyUmbrella and ungraded it with iTunes. After an upgrade my screen stayed BLACK and I used FixRecovery 4.3 to try to get out of DFU mode.

I could not get it out of DFU mode in any other way. Holding power, then releasig it etc. etc. The only way I found to boot it, is to boot it via redsn0w_win_0.9.8b7b (asking to boot it tethered).

When it boots, the phone asks to register SIM card etc. However, when I power it off again, the phone is in the DARK again and I can’t power on again normally. I tried everything, but no luck.

My question:
Is there any other solution to get rid of that stupid 3194 error, except modifying the host file, which does not work? Or is there any way to make it boot normally again? My phone is not unlocked, it’s just an official phone!

Thanks for any help in advance!