Should I upgrade Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP and will it change my settings?
Question by null /

I have IE 7, Windows XP – should I install Internet Explorer 8 and if I do, will it change my settings?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• JoeyDee

IE8 got a (deserved, IMHO) bad rap when it originally went RTW, but has since improved (or so I’ve read/heard) If you MUST use Ex-PLODE-r, keep yourself safe and use the latest production release of Ex-PLODE-r . I found it (IE8) runs fine and instability is usually due to Plugins/Toolbars. Disable any un-needed plugins/toolbars/accelerators – Tools, Manage Add-Ons, Toolbar and Extensions).

I’m a Firefox user so I had an easy choice:  I just updated IE 7 to IE8, then ignored it (LOL) I only use IE8 for Windows Updates and the occasional ActiveX utility.
    If you really want IE8 then read IE8 Installation Prerequisites: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd433079.aspx
    Good luck.

• sushil kumar

hey null change your browser because it is more vulnerable than other browser like firefox,chrome,opera etc. By using these you are more secure & stay away from virus,keyloogers etc.Moreover you can not use latest IE9 because it is not supported by window xp.also these browser are more faster and you can add addon easily.

Nope download firefox. IE sucks. Slow and unsecure. A bunch of crap.