How can I update Windows Vista to Service Pack 1?

jhector March 27, 2010

I am having trouble updating my Vista to Service Pack 1. I have installed the System Readiness Tool and have tried the stand alone download as well. I have tried it with Security services disabled. All to no avail.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

If you have a legit version of Windows Vista, it should get updated automatically through Windows Update if you have it enabled. Do a search in your start menu for Windows Update to access the settings.

Otherwise, have a look a this Microsoft page for full instructions on downloading and installing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

2. Taty

Service pack 1 is an automatic update if your computer is set up to update automatically. Have you tried doing it simply by doing start>All Programs> Windows update?
    Since service pack 2 has been out, Microsoft warned that it will discontinue support of versions without any updates. And yes, what error do you get?

3. lakridserne

What error messages do you get?