How can I update the portable Chrome browser without losing browser data?

GrrGrrr September 15, 2012

I’m using portable Chrome 12 browser. I would like to know if there is any way to update it to latest portable version without losing any browser data.

Thanks,
Grr

1. Sam Kar

Thanks everyone. I used google accounts sync method.

2. VS Vishnu

sync with google..

3. Usman Mubashir

sync your data to your google accounts (get it if you dont have one) and you are good to go. When updated, you just need to log into your account to get everything back.

I second this. Login into chrome with your google accounts and sync your data to the cloud. You can get it in any device from where you login.

4. Shane La Horie

It depends on what data u dont want to lose. If its history, bookmarks or password data you should use xMarks and LastPass. Use them to save your info remotely then when u upgrade you ca sync all your info to your browser again.

5. Chris Anderson

Does your Chrome update automatically when you close it? Or do you want to reinstall it?

PortableApps.com Platform 2.0 Beta 5 Released For Testing
    http://portableapps.com/news/2010-07-17_-_portableapps.com_platform_2.0_beta_5_released

you can make backup of the data which should be here X:\PortableApps\GoogleChromePortable\Data

How to update Portable Stable Chrome
    http://www.chromeplugins.org/google/chrome-tips-tricks/how-update-portable-stable-chrome-8195.html