How can I update my jailbroken iPhone to the latest software?

kabir July 24, 2010

I have an iPhone 2G, which is jail broken and unlocked. Is there any way I can update it to the latest software, which is jail broken? If I can, can someone please help me?

1. Corey Westendorf

I have Iphone 3gs jailbroken with softwar v 4.1.  The issue is now that i cannot put anything else on my iphone and i think its because my software is old.  Also my i-tune also seems to not allow me to delete any music off my i-phone either.  Please help me i am 

Corey,

if the tips above don't solve your problem, I recommend that you submit a new question.

2. chinnu

i've 2.2 can i update to 3.0 or 3.1 as i heard that 3.1.3 is not fully jail broken as i'm currently using jailbreaked iphone

Chinnu,

I recommend that you post a new question.

3. Ricardo

i agree with shawnlanglois, you can only go as far as 3.1.3, but still, if you have a 3.X version stick with it, if you upgrade it will make the iphone slower. I have an iPhone 3G, upgraded to OS4 (jailbroken), and its sloooww; besides hte only new thing on the OS4 is the dock, homescreen wallpaper and the "application folders". (pfff big deal)

4. shawnlanglois

If by iPhone 2G you mean the original iPhone, then unfortunately you cannot, as iOS 4 is not compatible with the first model of iPhone. You need an iPhone 3G or greater.