How do I update my Gmail account on my Android?

Shannon Ewing July 6, 2012

My cell phone is disconnected. I’m still able to connect to internet through WiFi and my Gmail account won’t connect. How do I refresh it?

1. vaseem pasha

I have mobile monthly data plan use internet in my pc problam in data shrink very fast wich browser is low data used pls guide me sorry for my bad english

Try Opera mini and Firefox with Adblock plus extension for Android.These apps are best suited for you.

2. paul

Y can i not send emails from my android gmail

3. ramavtar

plz tell me when i opwn my gmail account error phone no. but i send my phone no. i reciveng my code but then not open it where wht i do my code plz tell me again to again same problem plz help me

This question is unrelated to the one above. Please post a new question if you would like to quickly get an answer. Thank you!

4. sami

I like all

5. thuya8

Delete and re add your account.
    To delete your account,using root explorer, go to data>system>accounts.db and delete accounts.db.Reboot and re add your account.

6. thuya8

Delete your gmail account and re add.Your phone is supposed to be rooted.To delete your gmail account get root explorer here and from root explorer go to data/system/accounts.db and delete accounts.db.Reboot your phone and re add your gmail account.

Hello Shannon - one of the first questions that I ask people with Gmail problems is whether or not they have the fundamental things needed to get e-mail - that's internet access (you have internet through WiFi, so, check). The other is whether or not your account properly configured.

A common issue with Gmail is that every time your password changes, it will automatically invalidate any device which you have previously automatically logged in. It should prompt you for the new password however, so this is a long shot.

Another issue is whether your account has been properly configured to automatically sync your apps: In Android there are two degrees of syncing - either in the background or, a step-up, in the foreground (automatic sync). You may have automatic sync turned off. Try the following steps:

You can manage your account syncing preferences by going to:

accounts -> Sync Data

In this menu you will see the two tiers of syncing - automatic and background. Make sure at least automatic is checked but it helps quite a bit to also turn on automatic. Hope that works!

8. Dalsan

Sometimes it is just a matter of turning Airplane Mode on and keep the wifi on, but not usually. If you go into Settings, Wireless & networks, then Mobile network settings, uncheck the mobile data setting.

If that doesn't work, then go into Settings again, applications, and Manage apps. Go to Gmail app in the list, select it and clear the cache. Try syncing Gmail again and check. If it still doesn't, then go back into Manage apps and clear data and try again. You may have to sign in again, but should work.

you might want to check your google account is set to sync automatically

reset to factory

How to Sync an Android Via WiFi Only

Changing the HTTPS setting

View instructions for Google Apps email addresses